keelerad

Top Gear back on this weekend

I do like a bit of Top Gear in moderation, too much and it starts to get on my nerves. I like to watch it as a recording, so I can forward through the silly bits :-)

Well, another disappointing start to the season. It was a bit amusing at certain parts but pretty poor....but still looking to more episodes with some rather nice looking motors!

Can't say I've ever liked it, plus even 'new' episodes always feel like years old repeats on Dave - oh look, a daft trip to somewhere in 3 different types of transport to see who 'wins', oh, there's some banger getting trashed, wow, a bunch of gurning muppets stood in the background laughing out load at everything Clarkson says, oh no, another tired joke about caravans...

See, I don't mind too much the long trips in 2 cars as along as they're decent (i.e. exotic) cars in a decent location.....for example, I love the one where they were in america and they had the Aston, Dodge and Lexus, old bangers going up and down this country doesn't really interest me.  But I agree, some of the jokes do wear thin very quickly....but at the same time....there are one or two moments of pure genius.

Got to say, I quite enjoyed last nights episode.  The 4C around Italy (not so much the quad but cool bit of kit), the P1 around Belgium, beautiful cars around beautiful countries.  I'd love to see them do a sprint through the mountains of Japan in an 86 or something similar to what they did with the GTR!

I think it was a bit of a shame that Hammond didn't seem to talk about the 4C properly. It was good until Clarkson turned up on that quad bike boat thing, but then the review of the 4C was no more. :(

Other reviews have picked up issues with the 4C but Hammond didn't seem to get into any detail. 

The P1 review was okay-ish, only because it took in two of my favourite parts of Belgium, Bruges and Spa.