Angelina

I am watching it ๐Ÿ˜‰, No idea of price to update it. Will have a look around for a Double Din one with Sat Nav in, I'm assuming that I will have to get a DABย aerial as well ๐Ÿ™„

ย 

Lauren

Second those word's, what di you replace with ?

I ditched the lot for a ยฃ3K pro-install. That was 6 years ago now. But went Alpine for the head unit, Focal 3 two way components Hertz three channel amp, 12" JL sub and Audison Bit 10 DSP. Have a rebuilt boot floor in MDF which is sealed with sound deadening where it all sits. It's quite an improvement though it has rattled the car to bits, so have to watch the bass!

I did a significant overhaul of the stereo as well, but kept the stock HU.

ย 

I can only compare it to the stock setup which was awful, not an aftermarket HU, but I'm very happy with how it sounds even with the stock HU. An aftermarket HU would almost certainly sound better but I'm unsure by how much and I prefer a stock look on the dash. I've since looked at upgrading to the Kenwood HU's that don't require a bezel, but thats another ยฃ1400 installed (with DSP re-tune) so don't think I'll bother. I'm an apple user and the fact that carplay only works with Apple Maps (not google maps) was also a turn off. If I could rewind, the main change I'd make is adding more sound proofing to the back of the door cards as I do now have some vibrations at some frequencies and high volumes (they weren't there when I finished the build). Maybe a summer job this year.

I had mine 1 week before Iย started to swap things out.ย 

Upgraded the tweeters and door speakers first to component units. 4 channel amp added next and upgraded the rear speakers to 4 Inch 3 ways. These are currently being powered by the amp. Just adding these has made a big difference and they are all currently on the standard headย unit. Doors and rear quarters have been sound deadened. Currently awaiting the 10 custom sub enclosure to be delivered and the JBL sub will be added once pay day arrives. So far it has only cost me ยฃ185 and then another ยฃ60 for the sub so it can be done on a budget. They may not be high end components like the focals but as it stands at the moment I dont currently feel the need to change the head unit as the functionality is perfect for my requirements,

Radio lasted only a couple of week. Running a Pioneer dab unit with car play and Android auto. Replace the shark fin with a dab aerial. Speakers are still stock. Factory usb port works too

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

I did a significant overhaul of the stereo as well, but kept the stock HU.
ย 
I can only compare it to the stock setup which was awful, not an aftermarket HU, but I'm very happy with how it sounds even with the stock HU. An aftermarket HU would almost certainly sound better but I'm unsure by how much and I prefer a stock look on the dash. I've since looked at upgrading to the Kenwood HU's that don't require a bezel, but thats another ยฃ1400 installed (with DSP re-tune) so don't think I'll bother. I'm an apple user and the fact that carplay only works with Apple Maps (not google maps) was also a turn off. If I could rewind, the main change I'd make is adding more sound proofing to the back of the door cards as I do now have some vibrations at some frequencies and high volumes (they weren't there when I finished the build). Maybe a summer job this year.
Apple CarPlay now allows Google maps in the latest release. Apple have given in to the fact that they cannot match the might of Google on map tech. (Ducks for cover from apple fans).

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

All sorted, I decided to go down the DAB Adapter route first, as my stock Sat/Nav and Bluetooth work fine, it was onlt the stock radio which was bugging me. Purchased a Next-Base DAB250 adapter ยฃ99. Wired it all in inc aerial, done my pre-set's. Perfect signal strength and a fraction of what I was going to pay๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‰3.thumb.jpg.5be22901d1ded8021eb545a040d5ef84.jpg1.thumb.jpg.44056b4cf1a421459da17e735249bd87.jpg

2.jpg

12 hours ago, GoonerKev said:

Lauren

Connected via FM at the moment, but will connect to head unit via the supplied cable when I get back from Ypres Sunday, It is supposed to be even better. I will see๐Ÿ‘

It will be much better directly connected as using FM, limits the quality to FM quality which is not as good as DAB as you are converting digital back to analogue of course.ย 

Update on the DAB adapter,ย  it's going back to Halfrouds for a refund (nothing wrong with it) but as I payed ยฃ99 for it, I saw on Fleabay this morning the exact same item for ยฃ20 (some guy had 70 odd for sale, so I ordered 2, 1 for me & 1 for my son, total ยฃ40, so in the end I get around ยฃ60 back "Which is Nice"๐Ÿ˜‰