James18

HKS Time Attack GT86 Tech Talk Video

There were SR20DET builds of 800-1K hp. I see nothing impossible in linked build, as:

1) you understand that it's race build that is not built to last? They can afford to change engine after race or two. Is such mileage acceptable for generic Joe that probably wants car/engine to last at least 10-50K miles?

2) in video description they list among specs of this build very important bit that adresses big deficiency of FA20 - dry sump. There, now you have reliable oiling for high rpm, high boost (and high G-s from high grip of slicks & heavy aero), and probably much higher redline then in medium power "generic/common" forced induction builds.

50 minutes ago, Church said:

There were SR20DET builds of 800-1K hp. I see nothing impossible in linked build, as:

1) you understand that it's race build that is not built to last? They can afford to change engine after race or two. Is such mileage acceptable for generic Joe that probably wants car/engine to last at least 10-50K miles?

2) in video description they list among specs of this build very important bit that adresses big deficiency of FA20 - dry sump. There, now you have reliable oiling for high rpm, high boost (and high G-s from high grip of slicks & heavy aero), and probably much higher redline then in medium power "generic/common" forced induction builds.

With unlimited budget I'm sure nothing is impossible. Most competitive teams will do an engine refresh after each round from national level upwards. However that doesn't make it any less impressive in my eyes