Dr_Bob

FAQ

Hi,

Sorry if I'm missing something, but are there any FAQs on the Forum?
I realise this would take some work by one knowledgeable person, but I'm sure there could be a consensus of opinion on SOME topics? ;-)

A replacement head unit would seem like a good one (for me personally at the moment) and possibly one for the Turbo/Supercharger upgrade.

I would offer to help, but I've only had the car for a couple of months.

It's a great car, interior very cheap and cheerful, but I know we didn't buy these cars for interior luxury but it would be nice to improve things.
I've got the Focal speakers and a scattering of resonance suppression pads, but would like to get a new head unit asap.

How do the Polls work? Are we able to up-vote replies like many other forums?

Yours very confused,
Rob

2018 GT86

There isn't an FAQ, but you can use the search function. Many people have changed their head unit as the stock one is frankly shite. It is extremely easy to do. Order your new head unit, get a surround if you ave buying a double din as there will be a gap otherwise and ensure you have the wiring harness adaptor. You can vote on the polls where available, yes. 

Thanks, I will have a look.

I appreciate the reply. But it does feel a bit lonely out there having a GT86.

Does this forum send e-mails. I guess I'm old school relying on e-mails but can't this forum send an e-mail when there is a reply?

Still loving the GT86 but I think my RX8 was better! ;-)

Rob

I think (pretty sure I disabled it for myself) there is an option in settings to get emails sent to you for replies to threads. You may need to go into your control panel for this though.  I used to race an RX8 but strangely have never driven one on the road! It's a great car. I think the chassis is slightly better on the GT86 and it's a bit lighter too. 

Thanks Lauren, yep GT86 is definitely lighter, but the RX8 had a little more grunt (or should that be whine?).

So what head unit do people go for? I like the idea of one with 3/4G and support for a reversing camera.
But maybe I'll get used to the limited rear view.

Thanks for the replies.

Rob

I get a daily summary e-mail from the forum, which keeps the traffic down.

Limited rear view? It's wonderful compared with my previous CR-Z!

Sent from my LG-Q6 using Tapatalk

On topic: I imagine a FAQ will become necessary as the cars get older and the DIY increases

Off topic: I'm an RX8 escapee too, the '86 is a better car to own and use, but the RX8 had more special fizz and better rear seating. I reckon a manifold+remap will put some more fizz into the '86, but it'll never brap and you can't get away with accidental 12k rpm over-revs...

I'd prefer RX8 over twins too .. IF not the rotary. Some turbo 2lr four-pot imho shouldn't worsen CG & add mass that much to ruin it, yet would make it so much more longer lasting/reliable. Otherwise it also has brilliant handling and even more practical body/cabin. But engine is reason why i never considered it (even while for some it was THE reason to get it :) ).