alucardo

Drifting to the left

My car is currently drifting to the left after a purchase of new tyres.

The tyres are ps4's but Im sure they are not the cause. 

I have had the alignment checked twice and there have been no real issues. Constantly reviewed tyre pressures to make sure nothing is going on there.

So my conclusion is one of two things. I have possibly bent something? However I have looked under the car and found no evidence of this. Or a bush is on its way out. I do have a slightly buckled wheel but that has been moved to all 4 corners and the same behaviour of a slight drift to the left occurs.

So any common bushes know for going around 51k that I should take a look at? Im going to get the car to Toyota tomorrow but thought id ask on the forum first.

check if tires are mounted directionaly right (see on tire side rotation direction arrows). I had once tire shop mounting one tire wrong.

Can you post alignment printout? How exactly that wheel is buckled, do you feel vibrations of it, was it rebalanced after?

BTW, can you tell, when/how it's drifting left? Eg. hands of wheel when you are on gas, or off gas in gear, or coasting neutral/clutch off?

Most probable in 85% of cases are tire pressures & alignment, but you said you already checked twice those :/.

Less probable might be also single brake drag, uneven tire wear, some wheel bearing failure, rear lsd diff non normal functioning, some suspension part failure/damage, but most of these should show also other symptoms, eg. single brake overheat, bearing noise/play, abnormalities during alignment, abnormal plays of suspension arms during suspension diagnostics, wrong damping dialed in aftermarket adjustable coilovers or single damper failure, no?

The Tyres are asymetric and all inside/outside markings are correct. 
There is no vibration via the buckled wheel even at high speed and is only minor according to a few places I have taken it.

Coasting the car will drift to the left very slightly and is the same behaviour under power. Hands off the wheel, when im turning the car i get a slight bit of reluctance going right as though something is not right.

There are no noises from the dampners at all or any leaks I could see.

I will post up alignment later on today.

I've had mine drift to the left when the alignment has been done and they didn't have the wheel exactly straight. I know it's a pretty obvious thing but maybe worth checking. Just a tiny deviation from straight when the alignment is done seems to make quite a big difference. 

It brakes fine in a straight line.
I have been testing on various A roads both lanes duel carriage ways and just about every time ive been out in the car and the same behaviour happens.
When I had the settings checked the first time they where almost identical to the ones I had done at TD and was driving fine. So I had them adjust it this time just to remove some toe out of the settings and left camber -1 all round. 
Going to drive up to Toyota tomorrow and drop it off and see what they can spot. 

Bloody typical in the fact im doing a driving holiday in Scotland from next Sunday.

Hmm. Looks good streetable daily driving alignment rather even side to side for camber & especially toe & total thrust angle. So i'm striking out alignment :). "Before" alignment may have done slight weirdnesses with toe-out in front and differing rear camber & toe, but "after" looks good.

BTW, how slight is "slight"? Just that many roads are often slightly curved to quicken guiding rain water off the road, which also may affect trajectory a bit. Does it steers to left almost everywhere?  If slight is slight enough i'd also wouldn't care. It's rather hard to get everything 100.000% perfect and if car weers off course with no steering inputs only little bit on long distance i'd probably penny pinch and drive as is.

What a strange coincidence, I noticed a pull to left on the motorway today, only occurs under throttle, not coast or braking. Tried a good few times over 50 miles, regardless of camber or surface quality, always pulling leftward on gas. I’ve not been for an alignment check yet, it felt more like a bit of play in something when I gave it a wiggle.

It seems to drift iregardless of inside or outside lane on just about every road I have been on.

It still drives ok but there is a slight fight in the steering turning right. I will see what Toyota have to say.

It's one of those small frustrations.

Stutopia: again, if tire pressures are same (always worth to check first. Simple enough and MOST common reason. Was once for me too, when i unnoticed and got not completely flat but half pressure in one rear tire) and in your case i'd check tire wear evenness/alignment/state of bushings .. and maybe add to that list change of rear lsd diff oil, as you say it's only under throttle, not otherwise.

We here @LV have air pumping & water at most of fuel stations. Isn't it same in UK? Simplest way  to stop at any and check pressures. I have in car my own small air pressure gauge though for when on track, to know how much air to let out when tires are overheated/pressure rises up.