Lowe

Back end judder - diff?

For the last couple of months or so (but with increasing regularity) I've noticed a slight judder when pulling away. It feels like it's coming from the back of the car, and it especially noticeable when turning out of a T junction or similar. It doesn't feel 'bad' as such, but it's becoming more obvious. Car had diff oil changed at last service and it's coming up to 50k miles. Is this the LSD just doing its thing and getting old or is something starting to die? Anyone else come across this? Ta :)

9 minutes ago, Riceburner said:

What tyres have have you changed to Andy ???? 

18x8 225/40/R18 V105S. 

But, it did it before the big 'change' the other week - in fact on the drive to TunedUK, Mark and I took some proper back roads which involved lots of T junctions and it was doing it then.

Church - alignment is fine, was done only a couple of weeks ago by Rich at TunedUK. Tyre pressures should be OK, 35psi all round, again checked just prior to fitment a couple of weeks ago. I'll check them again though just in case

Iv had the same symptoms as you described, also after diff oil change from Toyota! I cured the problem completely with diff oil change which was recommended by tuning developments in Warrington. I used motul  gear 300 75w-90, I suspect toyota gear oil is the problem. 

14 minutes ago, Riceburner said:

A combination of more grip and the LSD working I would say.

Bring it in and I will drive it to test of you need???

It’s due a service in about a months time mate, something to look at then unless it starts getting worse. I’ve got a list of things to be looked at 😂