Lucas

Easter Offer! Cosworth Supercharger VAT FREE

4 minutes ago, maurice said:

Great offer, but I reckon the divorce would cost more in the long run. Any other Easter offers?! ;)

Yes, there will be some more offers :)

Hi there,

I’ve got a few questions about the stage 1.0 kit if thats cool.

Is the 1.0 map different to the map loaded for stage 1.1/1.2/1.3?

As in, if you start with 1.0 and then subsequently get the 1.1/1.2/1.3 mods fitted, does a different map need to be loaded for those to be supported properly?

Can you choose which map it defaults to?

I understand it defaults to a 95ron map, but i always run my car on 99ron religiously. So rather than change the map every time it starts up id want the default map to be the Cosworth map for 99ron fuel.

I like the idea of the Cosworth stage 1.3 for 230bhp N/A but unfortunately really dont like the sound of the Cosworth Catback (plus its too loud for track day noise limits).

Is it possible to do everything else out of the 1.3 kit without the catback?

Many Thanks! 

In terms of the map, it was updated a while ago and will just stay on whatever map you leave it on when you turn the car off. Ecutek updated this a few years ago now. You won't make anywhere near 230bhp. More like around 215bhp and you'd need to change the manifold to do that. 

11 hours ago, Leeky said:

Hi there,

I’ve got a few questions about the stage 1.0 kit if thats cool.

As in, if you start with 1.0 and then subsequently get the 1.1/1.2/1.3 mods fitted, does a different map need to be loaded for those to be supported properly?

Can you choose which map it defaults to?

I understand it defaults to a 95ron map, but i always run my car on 99ron religiously. So rather than change the map every time it starts up id want the default map to be the Cosworth map for 99ron fuel.

I like the idea of the Cosworth stage 1.3 for 230bhp N/A but unfortunately really dont like the sound of the Cosworth Catback (plus its too loud for track day noise limits).

Is it possible to do everything else out of the 1.3 kit without the catback?

Many Thanks! 

We don't do 1.1 1.2 1.3 anymore as Cosworth have stopped making their exhausts.

As for 1.0, that is now only available with 2.0 Supercharger kit. You can still purchase Cosworth Drop In air filter for £32 and 76*C Thermostat for £46 and take it for a remap, but honestly it's not worth the money spent on the remap. Might as well get the filter, thermostat AND a quality HKS manifold and then go for a remap. That will give you very noticeable power gains.

2 hours ago, Lauren said:

In terms of the map, it was updated a while ago and will just stay on whatever map you leave it on when you turn the car off. Ecutek updated this a few years ago now. You won't make anywhere near 230bhp. More like around 215bhp and you'd need to change the manifold to do that. 

See its stuff like this that winds me up. Its utter lies. On a proper calibrated engine dyno they made a bit more than 230bhp. That same engine stock tune, stock exhaust made 193hp. 

You cant compare a rolling road to a multi million pound calibrated to British standards, engine test cell. Those cells will give you the same results every day/month/year because all fluids and air is controlled to British Standards and the dynomometer is calibrated regularly to account for drift over time and usage. 

Rolling roads are for comparisons and nothing more. 

5 hours ago, Lauren said:

You won't make anywhere near 230bhp. More like around 215bhp and you'd need to change the manifold to do that. 

The Stage 1.3 quoted at 230bhp comes with a manifold.

btw thanks for the info about the map no longer switching back.

3 hours ago, Lucas@PartBox said:

As for 1.0, that is now only available with 2.0 Supercharger kit.

Really? Fensport still sell it.

I'm really looking to just get the Stage 1.0 pack fitted and then potentially add the manifold and mid-pipe at a later date.

I'd prefer to get a tried and tested map from a company like Cosworth rather than a custom tune. Just because I've had people map my cars in the past and I rarely got a map that was a good blend of performance/reliability.

But many thanks for the info/advice.

14 minutes ago, Leeky said:

I don't think they do. You can't even get the Cosworth badges anymore, and Cosworth themselves sell 1.0 & 2.0 together in a bundle now and that's how we get it. We (Coordsport/Part-Box) are official Cosworth distributors :) 

15 minutes ago, Leeky said:

I'm really looking to just get the Stage 1.0 pack fitted and then potentially add the manifold and mid-pipe at a later date.

I'd prefer to get a tried and tested map from a company like Cosworth rather than a custom tune. Just because I've had people map my cars in the past and I rarely got a map that was a good blend of performance/reliability.

But many thanks for the info/advice.

In that case, I recommend getting quality hardware from us and a remap from Tuning Developments. They have a good reputation with tuning FA20.

3 hours ago, Leeky said:

Based on your location, hit up Abbey Motorsport ;)

Cheers guys, but not interest in a custom tune. Just want something tried, tested and off the shelf.

I’ve confirmed I can still get the Stage 1.0 kit so im going to go ahead with this. All the best.

On 30/05/2018 at 10:04 PM, Leeky said:

Seems like these weren't answered. The answer is yes and yes. There are not many changes required between 1.0-1.2 but the manifold design will necessitate specific cam requirements. Same can be said for any manifold, so the 1.3 settings will not be optimum for most other manifolds. Can you even get the Cossie manifold now? I thought Nameless stopped making them quite a while back.