Nails

Is a clicky clutch pedal normal?

My clutch pedal clicks, even when the engine is off. Is this normal? I only noticed it yesterday, it's hard to say whether it has always done this or if it has only just started as I have only had the car a month or two. 

Video of noise here - 

Most probable reason - small/flimsy/thin clutch pedal rubber bumpstop (looking like 1-2mm squeare rubber plate with leg to push into hole in base of clutch pedal, where it's leg hits it) got worn/cut through.

You can try finding PN for it or think of more durable/thicker pedal stopper (but if much thicker, possible clutch pedal travel adjustment might be needed for clutch to not drag)

Thanks Church.

Update, spoken to Abbey Motorsport and Gatwick Motorline Toyota. Mark at Abbey says some of them do it, some of them don't but he thinks it is fixable and could be the clutch spring, he suggested I get my local dealer to look at it seeing as it is under warranty. So I called Gatwick Toyota and the service manager said he had heard of this issue before, again mentioning the clutch spring, he said he will get one of the technicians to come out and have a listen if I drop by later, so I will do that. 

Clutch spring might be if there is some squeek/slight noise during movement of pedal, no? But if my eyes/ears didn't fool me, it seemed you have that one metallic click at end of pedal press, when you pressed it fully? Then imho it's rubber bumpstop, which is thorn, so "leg" of metallic clutch pedal hits metallic base of pedal assembly.

If one has done clutch pedal travel adjustment mod with lessening dead clutch pedal travel before bite point, then there is increased possibility of stock rubber bumpstop to be cut through. But even if everything with clutch is stock, that bumpstop is too thin and is easy to cut through if one often fully presses clutch, as pedal's "leg" is relatively thin metal plate that presses with edge against narrow area on bumpstop.

15 minutes ago, Church said:

Clutch spring might be if there is some squeek/slight noise during movement of pedal, no? But if my eyes/ears didn't fool me, it seemed you have that one metallic click at end of pedal press, when you pressed it fully? Then imho it's rubber bumpstop, which is thorn, so "leg" of metallic clutch pedal hits metallic base of pedal assembly.

If one has done clutch pedal travel adjustment mod with lessening dead clutch pedal travel before bite point, then there is increased possibility of stock rubber bumpstop to be cut through. But even if everything with clutch is stock, that bumpstop is too thin and is easy to cut through if one often fully presses clutch, as pedal's "leg" is relatively thin metal plate that presses with edge against narrow area on bumpstop.

Ah, no, the noise you hear is happening about half way down the clutch travel, not when it gets to the end. It is a click noise but I wouldn't have described it has metallic either. 

Ok, so not cured. Better, but not cured. However, they let me try other GT86's and they all do it. Even my other half's Yaris does it. It is the switch that let's the engine know it is ok to start. 

Probably my hearing is too bad or i love to go at higher/louder rpm-s or hear other rattles first over issue in this thread :)

When bumpstop was thorn i heard those loud metallic clangs at each full press of clutch and those were annoying & loud enough. This - probably below my treshold to notice :)