VAD17

Cosmetic mods - suggestions please

Looking for some ideas/ suggestions for cosmetic mods for my 2017 auto GT86.

So far I have rear and side windows tinted.

Thinking about:

Outside

- carbon wrap spoiler (and may be side fenders and mirrors);

- not sure about decals, probably would want to keep dark/ grey tone as much as possible;

- got Rays centercaps but cant decide whether to fit them or keep wheels as they are.

I am fine with the lights as they are, would rather spend equivalent amount on performance mods.

Same about side skirts, although I do like the look of them, particularly carbon ones.

Inside:

- would like mats with some red colour (to match seats), but with gt86 logo. Could not find any on ebay or Amazon.

- may be auto gear knob. Something like Sparco but for auto.

- was looking at paddle shifters extenders but decided to keep them as they are.

Would appreciate any thoughts and suggestions (and photos)2f61a9ce33f9321f249e630ddf7ae590.jpg62facba4a32d627b797216a0f81f0768.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I tend to think less is more. Our cars look damned good as they are.

You already have nice wheels, centre caps should remain dark.  I've ordered some black Subaru logo centre caps as mine are Rota ones which came with the wheels.

You could get some Toyota logo valve caps?!

Oh, and it's always fun finding a nice key-ring on eBay.

I'd definitely fit the centre caps as I've always thought wheels look unfinished without them unless its a race car.

As for carbon wrapping atleast it is reversible to give it a try but I can't help but feel carbon wrapping defeats the point of looking like carbon which is for strength and light weight where as a wrap is just for aesthetics.

If it was me I'd probably like to try wrapping some interior parts for some contrast and colour or if even some real carbon. Also TRD parts for the exterior are on my shopping list including the front spoiler, ductail spoiler and sideskirts

+1 to our cars looking rather good stock. They look even way more expensive then they are. Many mods also possible to overdo and have .. arguable result. I'd rather spend budget on actual driving/wearables/trackday to enjoy driving it, then on visual mods. Or at least get mods that serve also functional purpose. For example - shift knob .. then at least one that is heavy. Steering wheel - to one that is more comfortable to use. Wheels - that are also lighter then stock. Hood - that also has extra fins for cooling. Relocate to top rear window brake light to enhance visibility. Armrest for more comfortable rest of elbow in long drives. Mudflaps, to protect paint and reduce need to wash it. Good allweather floormats to ease keeping dirt/water out/clean them. Good cellphone mount to ease use it for navigation and not clutter interior looks with unhidden wires. And so on along the lines ..

TRD engine start/stop button? Though this seems to be only something people buy if they go to Japan!  But as other's have said your car looks good as it is. Less is more and all that. 

Thanks for your thoughts guys. Less is more indeed...

2017 spoiler kinda look a bit dull vs the rest of paint.

But may just book another track day instead.

Will see what people have at Japfest, should be a decent turnout🖒.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk