Rich

Toyota SatNav weirdness

Anyone else with the OEM nav unit find it's a bit temperamental about getting a correct GPS fix? Mine seem to get an odd offset fix where it thinks I'm 20+ miles away. I'd assume it just couldn't find sats but the fix moves at the correct speed and seems to otherwise behave as normal, apart from being in the wrong place. Sometimes it fixes itself after a while, sometimes it doesn't. It's been getting worse recently, I'm not sure if it's the cold, or just age.

my 62 plate seems to be fine. It hasn't been updated so new builds aren't showing up, but other than that it's all spot on, i use it all the time :)

2 hours ago, Rich said:

Anyone else with the OEM nav unit find it's a bit temperamental about getting a correct GPS fix? Mine seem to get an odd offset fix where it thinks I'm 20+ miles away. I'd assume it just couldn't find sats but the fix moves at the correct speed and seems to otherwise behave as normal, apart from being in the wrong place. Sometimes it fixes itself after a while, sometimes it doesn't. It's been getting worse recently, I'm not sure if it's the cold, or just age.

It will require an update Rich

1 hour ago, Nelix said:

Spend the £100 on a good stand alone sat nav, not worth paying for updated maps on our unit.

Or just use your phone.

Indeed, I'm reticent to spend a good chunk of cash on the satnav, given it doesn't have decent traffic.