infernouk

Upgrading Headunit for sound quality?

Out of interest, how much more would i need to do my rear arches other than the one door pack i ordered for my doors? or could i get it all done with that? 

Just want to make sure I have enough material to get the whole job done in one go, currently have the door pack and 2 of those sheets to replace the membrane, i assume beyond doors and rear arches there is a diminishing return on effort? 

It won't affect audio quality as such but it will definitely quieten down the road noise. 

The rear of the car is easy to do, 1 bolt holds each seat in, the quarters are just held in with clips and poppers. 

You will want a bulk pack to cover that area. If you have any left over double up on the wheel arches. I also used acoustic insulation to block noise (it looks like a bit of duvet)

30 minutes ago, Varelco said:

It won't affect audio quality as such but it will definitely quieten down the road noise. 

The rear of the car is easy to do, 1 bolt holds each seat in, the quarters are just held in with clips and poppers. 

You will want a bulk pack to cover that area. If you have any left over double up on the wheel arches. I also used acoustic insulation to block noise (it looks like a bit of duvet)

Cheers so in Terms if audio quality I’m looking to focus on layering the doors and then putting a sheet of isolator in, rear arches is more road noise, and that’s the best on a budget I can do? 

Sorry, slightly off topic, has anyone tried an underseat sub in their gt86? Would one fit under the passenger seat? It might be better for bass than changing the speakers.......

Hey guys, i know the threads getting a bit long and beyond scope so was looking for a quick answer on this, 

If im going to sound proof the rear arches, i figure i may as well run cables for sub/amp at the same time? 

Has anyone done this, and if so, how does it all look going together? My assumption is, power from battery backwards through car, then tap into the factory amp for the signal and convert the rears signal to RCA for the sub?

Hard to find a precise guide on this to make sure I buy everything required to get it sorted 

My plan was to follow this: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92274

Just to add a bit of payoff to this thread, here is todays effort. I got the focals and some sound dampening (silent coat) 

I didnt have loads of time due to day light and weather, so just wanted to get the basics done, i layered silent coat inside the speaker hole, then mounted the speaker, and stuck a couple more bits on the outside where the doorcard doesnt make contact with the door. 

No pics of the tweeters as was just pop out and pop in job

When the weather is better ill take the cards off again, remove the plastic, silentcoat the rest of the door and get a sheet of isolator over it all. But thats a spring/summer job 

Now researching headunits so I can run my amp and sub / amp the door speakers but again, a massive job...

68isvhql.jpg

lEbN60rl.jpg

HBXHtqql.jpg

On 2/9/2018 at 5:38 PM, infernouk said:

Just to add a bit of payoff to this thread, here is todays effort. I got the focals and some sound dampening (silent coat) 

I didnt have loads of time due to day light and weather, so just wanted to get the basics done, i layered silent coat inside the speaker hole, then mounted the speaker, and stuck a couple more bits on the outside where the doorcard doesnt make contact with the door. 

No pics of the tweeters as was just pop out and pop in job

When the weather is better ill take the cards off again, remove the plastic, silentcoat the rest of the door and get a sheet of isolator over it all. But thats a spring/summer job 

Now researching headunits so I can run my amp and sub / amp the door speakers but again, a massive job...

68isvhql.jpg

lEbN60rl.jpg

HBXHtqql.jpg

Nice one pal! Whats your thoughts on what you managed on friday? 

1 minute ago, br0wny said:

Nice one pal! Whats your thoughts on what you managed on friday? 

Sounds better, I wouldn’t call it good but it’s movement in the right direction, I think with a HU, amp and sub it’ll get there, worth the £150 investment anyway for now