Gt86life

Spec d headlight on a toyota gt86

They will, but you will have to re-wire them as U.S cars have 6(i think) pin connectors. So if you know a good electrician, they will work :) 

You have to be aware whether they are LHD/RHD and whether HID or projectors. @JRot has them, but the JDM ones so confirmed for RHD.

Apart from the differences noted above, all 86 and BRZ lights have the same fit and mountings, even the facelift MY17 models.

You have to be aware whether they are LHD/RHD and whether HID or projectors. [mention=1734]JRot[/mention] has them, but the JDM ones so confirmed for RHD.
Apart from the differences noted above, all 86 and BRZ lights have the same fit and mountings, even the facelift MY17 models.

Am new to this whole modding things.

What do you mean by ( LHD/RHD

whats the difference between hid and projectors

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Am new to this whole modding things.

What do you mean by ( LHD/RHD

whats the difference between hid and projectors

I'm presuming you mean left hand drive and right hand drive.

I live in the uk so right hand drive. If you know where i can get them headlight for right hand drive. It would be much appreciated if you could send the link to the website

HID = high intensity discharge lamps. These are much better than projectors with halogen bulbs. 

Projectors are the poverty spec lights found on lesser models such as US spec and lower spec GT86's in Japan. 

Yes RHD= right hand drive. 

I'll bet the ones you are looking at are US items which will of course be for LHD which is no good for you. 

All these lights require you to swap bulbs so if your car has the OEM HID lights you need the HID type headlights. Japan is RHD and most of these lights are from the Japanese markets anyway.

Link:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?safe=off&ei=dfB4WuO5GqybgAaV8rDQCA&q=crystaleye+Toyota+86+headlight&oq=crystaleye+Toyota+86+headlight&gs_l=psy-ab.3..33i21k1l2j33i160k1.11788.15455.0.16585.10.10.0.0.0.0.90.752.10.10.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.9.667...0i22i30k1.0.GqsZuB8SnD0

Hello, thanks for the mention, the spec D lights aren't the right pin configuration for UK consumption. The headlights I got are EU dot stamped etc, they require manual adjustment (which caused a few issues at my most recent mot, but I've established why now and its passed happily) 

I got my crystaleye JDM set from nengun in Japan, you swap out the ballast and bulbs from stock to use them, the only gripe is Japan doesn't have drl laws so they aren't set up to run as Drls. So I haven't yet but I will be looking in to ordering a harness either for brz or frs to see if I can't rewire them to enable 'always on' functionality. 

If you have particular questions on the install I'll answer as best I can. 

20171120_135737.jpg

On 07/02/2018 at 4:53 AM, JRot said:

Hello, thanks for the mention, the spec D lights aren't the right pin configuration for UK consumption. The headlights I got are EU dot stamped etc, they require manual adjustment (which caused a few issues at my most recent mot, but I've established why now and its passed happily) 

I got my crystaleye JDM set from nengun in Japan, you swap out the ballast and bulbs from stock to use them, the only gripe is Japan doesn't have drl laws so they aren't set up to run as Drls. So I haven't yet but I will be looking in to ordering a harness either for brz or frs to see if I can't rewire them to enable 'always on' functionality. 

If you have particular questions on the install I'll answer as best I can. 

I'm really interested in getting the CrystalEye lights as well.

What kind of adjustment was needed for the MOT, just the level of the beam?

Do you know if the crystalights sold in Japan and sold for the Australian markets are the same? Maybe the AU ones work with DRL's?

I guess unike the spec-d ones these are plug and play? Albeit without the DRL's working? have you got any good info you can send over about potentially getting the DRL's working?

JRot: offtopic: center of lower bumper is blacked out vinyl wrapped/painted or with trd extra garnish plastic piece?

back to topic

I'm slightly interested in these aswell (for LHD though). Simply - they cost way way less then oem HID+led light. It's easy to damage something in front if one abuses car on track. Paying mega pile of money for original lights is a bit on expensive side. So not for modding/looks sake, but simply due cheaper price, am exploring what are possible aftermarket replacement options ..

On 01/03/2018 at 11:20 AM, Samwise said:

I'm really interested in getting the CrystalEye lights as well.

What kind of adjustment was needed for the MOT, just the level of the beam?

Do you know if the crystalights sold in Japan and sold for the Australian markets are the same? Maybe the AU ones work with DRL's?

I guess unike the spec-d ones these are plug and play? Albeit without the DRL's working? have you got any good info you can send over about potentially getting the DRL's working?

The issue I had was the Alignment Laterally the lights were pointing outwards, it was partly my mistake for not noticing 2 pins that slot into the chassis at the side of the car when putting the headlights on the car... with those slotted in correctly the lights are seated correctly and then was just adjusting their height- its all fiddly as hell as its requires a screwdriver to adjust.

As yet, I haven't ordered this harness, but I've asked the question; be it with no response from the company... so I'll try again... -.- 

https://www.diodedynamics.com/always-ontm-module-for-subaru-brz-eu-au-jdm.html

In theory plug that in and it should use the sidelights as 'always on' so similar to DRL's. (The sidelights on the Crystaleyes is the long LED Strip)

The issue: There are 2 plugs on the stock headlights one is the power, the other I believe is the DRL control. However the Crystaleyes only have one connection... the power... which gives plug and play functionality to the headlight, indicator etc... but as a result the DRL connector or what I think is the DRL connector is free and not plugged in... hence me looking at that harness. 

How the Harness works: The harness plugs into the stock BRZ headlight giving the boomerang (which is a sidelight on the BRZ not a DRL) and plugs into the DRL cable near the front indicator.. in the GT86 case i theorise it plugs into the headlight the same and then plugs into the DRL connector that I said is loose. 

But id rather know for sure than spending £50 odd on the harness and a further import charge... But that's my theory anyway.

As for the Crystaleyes for Australia I have no idea, you need to check the pin configuration, the JDM ones are 8 pin for UK usage. but as CrystalEye is a Japanese Company I expect all their lights will remain non DRL's unless you get either a harness or rewire them and splice the wires... 

On 01/03/2018 at 12:10 PM, Church said:

JRot: offtopic: center of lower bumper is blacked out vinyl wrapped/painted or with trd extra garnish plastic piece?

back to topic

I'm slightly interested in these aswell (for LHD though). Simply - they cost way way less then oem HID+led light. It's easy to damage something in front if one abuses car on track. Paying mega pile of money for original lights is a bit on expensive side. So not for modding/looks sake, but simply due cheaper price, am exploring what are possible aftermarket replacement options ..

Hey Church, The Black Central part is a Black Gloss Airlease Vinyl Wrap; its been on the car almost 4 years now :P so quite durable.

Yeah these cost a hell of a lot less than the stock OEM headlights new... there were some options on Ebay recently for stock used ones but still around £500 for offside £800 driverside.. which is ridiculous... though new they are laughable. 

The Crystaleyes JDM V3 Black LED that I bought from Nengun Japan cost around £780 all in.. but prewarning did take almost 1 month to arrive!

2 weeks in UK customs... lol..

13 hours ago, JRot said:

As yet, I haven't ordered this harness, but I've asked the question; be it with no response from the company... so I'll try again... -.- 

https://www.diodedynamics.com/always-ontm-module-for-subaru-brz-eu-au-jdm.html

http://www.ft86speedfactory.com/diode-dynamics-always-on-module-2013-subaru-brz.html#.WpvH0-jFLIU7

Email them, far more likely to respond and know more about how they would work with these lights. Plus they're known for their good customer service too.

EDIT: For simplicity could you not run 2 wires to the input to the LED? Just run a 2nd cable from the old DRL output. That way if you have a signal on either the DRL or sidelight wire the LED will come on. Either that or swap the DRL output for the sidelight one as the LED will always be on when driving anyway, the sidelight function on the front will pretty much be redundant.