thetyrant

Cosworth Supercharger Kit - SOLD

17 minutes ago, Minion said:

How easy is the kit to fit? I see to be looking more at superchargers now instead of turbos's :ph34r:

I will let you know once its off  :) , not bad though from what ive seen as everything is very well thought out,  so far after 2 hours or so on it last night i had the cooling system drained and removed, most of wiring unplugged and now just fuel lines to disconnect and its ready to unbolt/lift off then swap over to stock setup.

There is a comprehensive instructions/install pdf from cosworth here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/9fip3e9gevkzxtx/Stage 2 Kit fitting Instructions - iss12.pdf?dl=0

Ian

48 minutes ago, Minion said:

How easy is the kit to fit? I see to be looking more at superchargers now instead of turbos's :ph34r:

Yes it is if you are handy with a spanner. Its something you have to judge though as people have told me they are handy with a spanner and have trouble changing their brake pads :lol:

I did mine over about 4-5 sessions which were about 4 hours each but I took the time to clean the green gunk off as well as making all the wiring and piping super tidy and doubling up on insulation where there was a 0.01% risk of something rubbing. 

Just now, Ade said:

Yes it is if you are handy with a spanner. Its something you have to judge though as people have told me they are handy with a spanner and have trouble changing their brake pads :lol:

I did mine over about 4-5 sessions which were about 4 hours each but I took the time to clean the green gunk off as well as making all the wiring and piping super tidy and doubling up on insulation where there was a 0.01% risk of something rubbing. 

Yeah I'm not too bad, I have done all my own things so far inc brakes, coilovers etc. Done a full strip and rebuild once before on a old Fiat Punto engine so hopefully shouldn't be too much of a challenge. I'll have a read later of the instructions :D 

11 minutes ago, Minion said:

Yeah I'm not too bad, I have done all my own things so far inc brakes, coilovers etc. Done a full strip and rebuild once before on a old Fiat Punto engine so hopefully shouldn't be too much of a challenge. I'll have a read later of the instructions :D 

ah well if you've stripped and rebuilt an engine (and it still worked :lol:) then this will be a doddle for you. I'm happy to help if you get stuck or want clarification on the instructions too.

Matt@Cosworth (can get hold of him on the other side) is also happy to help and usually responds very quickly even out of office hours.

6 minutes ago, Ade said:

ah well if you've stripped and rebuilt an engine (and it still worked :lol:) then this will be a doddle for you. I'm happy to help if you get stuck or want clarification on the instructions too.

Matt@Cosworth (can get hold of him on the other side) is also happy to help and usually responds very quickly even out of office hours.

That sounds brilliant then, thank you

I keep jumping between the cosworth charger and a turbo but need to make my mind up soon! 

Sounds like you would have no problems installing it.

Good few hours on it tonight and its all off car, nothing too tricky but lifting the unit off on my own was a strain on my poor back!, had to undo the bolts holding AC compressor so I could move it across slightly to allow more wiggle room, AC pipes are close to supercharger manifold making access fiddly!, other than that just steady away making sure everything is unclipped and nothing is going to foul when lifting it up.

Now just need to get everything swapped over back onto stock manifold and dig into box of stock parts to make sure I have everything, looks to be all there though.

Ian

Ok that's the Cosworth kit all carefully removed, standard parts refitted and fired up no problems so now I can move car out the garage I will get on checking,cleaning and sorting all Cosworth parts ready for a new owner, get in touch if you want some boost :D

More pictures to follow but here is a quick snap as I started to swap over parts showing difference in size between weedy stock plastic intake and the Cosworth setup!

Cheers
Ian

chargeroff1.jpg

Ok had quite a bit of interest but nobody with the money as yet, so as it seems like a trend lets have a September sale price valid until end of this month :D ..........

Sale price is £3500 including personal delivery within mainland UK :D

Cheers
Ian

I am very interested as said. Just in a quandary at the moment as there is also a sprintex for sale and I'm not sure what direction to go!

Will have a good think about it this weekend and do some reading :-)

What would I need in addition to what you have for sale? Just a ecutek licence?

Many thanks

Gavin

7 minutes ago, gavin_t said:

I am very interested as said. Just in a quandary at the moment as there is also a sprintex for sale and I'm not sure what direction to go!

Will have a good think about it this weekend and do some reading :-)

What would I need in addition to what you have for sale? Just a ecutek licence?

Many thanks

Gavin

No worries its sat here if you want it, sprintex is a good lower budget setup but nothing like the quality of these cosworth kits which have much better cooling so heat isnt robbing all your power, all depends on budget i guess but if you can stretch to the cossie kits its well worth it, i know im biased but ive looked at all options :)

Yes all you need is a tune so if going ecutek a license and if you want to flash yourself a cable.

Cheers

Ian

3 hours ago, thetyrant said:

SOLD... and 800miles later delivered to new owner, that was one seriously long road trip! but prefer to endure that and know everything gets there in condition its meant to :)

Ian

Thank you so much Ian, I think your crazy but I do appreciate all your time. Intercooler is in place already, and some other bits stripped.