Leeky

TAS300 AV input with CarSolutions cable?

Hey peeps,

I bought one of these so that i could get video input on my oem headunit. But i only get audio and not video. Anyone else tried these cables?

Is there a trick to getting it to work or perhaps do I just have a duff cable?

https://car-solutions.com/en/video-cable-for-toyota-touch-2-entune-monitors.php

I've tried a number of games consoles, iphone, fire stick etc but none display a picture; only audio.

Probably it is worth going trough the hidden menu. Put the car in Ignition ON press and hold SETUP and turn on and off the headlights 3 times. It could give you an option to enable the video from there. In the sources screen look if you have a VIDEO option. 

P.S. I am just doing guesswork here so can't guarantee it is working :D

35 minutes ago, vanko25 said:

Probably it is worth going trough the hidden menu. Put the car in Ignition ON press and hold SETUP and turn on and off the headlights 3 times. It could give you an option to enable the video from there. In the sources screen look if you have a VIDEO option. 

P.S. I am just doing guesswork here so can't guarantee it is working :D

I already have a the AV menu option as soon as i plug the cable in. But thanks anyway.

9 minutes ago, Church said:

Isn't video input often restricted depending on car state? As in it should be parked/handbrake on and such?

No, not with this cable.

Ok so i got the video input working.

There is an SPD wire that is supposed to be disconnect. Turns out this isnt enough alone as i had to put on the handbrake to get the video to come to life. I know the headunit looks for a signal from the vehicle speed sender so I believe this SPD wire is the one the headunit uses to monitor that.

All i need to do now is follow the wires from the handbrake to the headunit then permanently earth it to the headunit.

Will post up a how to guide once ive cracked it.