Lucas

PFC - Performance Friction Front Pads

Very tempted since I have to get discs and pads done for the front literally in. The next few days... Car presently sounds like I'm dragging ET on the front end brake or no brake he's screaming... The stock pads and discs have lasted 7 months... For £360... 

So how would I get these, and how easy are they to fit yourself? 

Judging from the comments ts they get high praise, but do they wear evenly? Long lastingish.. Considering I'm. A late braker?

Thanks

JRot

2 hours ago, JRot said:

Very tempted since I have to get discs and pads done for the front literally in. The next few days... Car presently sounds like I'm dragging ET on the front end brake or no brake he's screaming... The stock pads and discs have lasted 7 months... For £360... 

So how would I get these, and how easy are they to fit yourself? 

Judging from the comments ts they get high praise, but do they wear evenly? Long lastingish.. Considering I'm. A late braker?

Thanks

JRot

They're piss easy to fit, wheel off, one bolt on the caliper, pads out, pads in, caliper bolt on, wheel on.

If you're late on the brakes, they won't last very long before the pedal goes to the floor. But having said that there's still a fair bit of material left on mine.

Very easy to fit yourself. There are detailed threads around, but the gist is:

Remove wheel. Undo bottom caliper bolt, loosen top caliper bolt (both 14 mm). Swing caliper up off brake pads. Remove old brake pads (they'll pull free with a bit of effort), marvel at how trashed they are. Install new pads. Drop caliper back down (you will need to wind the pistons back at this point, I use a piston windback tool, but anything that will give some leverage will do; keep an eye on brake fluid level in the reservior). Bolt caliper back up (torque to 19 ft-lb), refit wheel.

Done!

As for life, mine seem to be quite hard wearing for such an effective pad; they're doing much better than my Cosworth Streetmasters.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Very easy to fit yourself. There are detailed threads around, but the gist is:

Remove wheel. Undo bottom caliper bolt, loosen top caliper bolt (both 14 mm). Swing caliper up off brake pads. Remove old brake pads (they'll pull free with a bit of effort), marvel at how trashed they are. Install new pads. Drop caliper back down (you will need to wind the pistons back at this point, I use a piston windback tool, but anything that will give some leverage will do; keep an eye on brake fluid level in the reservior). Bolt caliper back up (torque to 19 ft-lb), refit wheel.

Done!

Snap ;)

What they said, but I've been told (and did it when I changed my pads) to take the cover off the brake fluid reservoir  and put a paper towel over the opening and then place the cap back on (not tighten) - supposedly makes it easier to push the pistons back and if any fluid wants to leak it gets soaked up by the paper towel.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

What they said, but I've been told (and did it when I changed my pads) to take the cover off the brake fluid reservoir  and put a paper towel over the opening and then place the cap back on (not tighten) - supposedly makes it easier to push the pistons back and if any fluid wants to leak it gets soaked up by the paper towel.

I crack the seal on the reservoir and just watch the level. I've had to suck a bit of fluid out (a turkey baster works well) before.

4 hours ago, DReppe said:

How do I go about ordering as set of these with the discount? I believe they are out of stock at the moment but happy to wait. 

Cheers

They have been ordered a while ago. Should be with us soon. 

Just place an order online, using a discount coupon I'll send you, that's all you need to do, and when they're in stock we'll send it automatically.