Rich

Creaky Clutch

Anyone else have a creaky clutch pedal? I think it's probably the spring but it's quite noticeable when I push the clutch in.

I assume it's probably not critical and maybe fixed with a bit of grease?

9 hours ago, Rich said:

Anyone else have a creaky clutch pedal? I think it's probably the spring but it's quite noticeable when I push the clutch in.

I assume it's probably not critical and maybe fixed with a bit of grease?

Yeah I had it for that long decided to sort it by looking in the engine bay and seeing the lever on the top of the gearbox and spraying plenty of grease in there didn't solve it straight away but after 24 hours it must have soaked in and sorted the problem

27 minutes ago, Rich said:

Is it easy to get to?

Yeah literally on the gearbox through the engine bay. There is like a rubber seal around it that I removed slightly to spray some into. Will try and get a pic

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

I thought it was more the pedal itself? Seems loud/clear enough to be in the cabin to me...

Not too sure on that, it seemed to have sorted it for me though. Could of been a different problem

41 minutes ago, Mike said:

I thought it was more the pedal itself? Seems loud/clear enough to be in the cabin to me...

The gearbox is pretty near your left leg.

I'd get down in the footwell and give the pedal a wiggle to see if anything is flexing.

When you have the creak open your door and see how much louder it is. It's definitely the release bearing fork on mine anyway.

2 hours ago, DanJ said:

When you have the creak open your door and see how much louder it is. It's definitely the release bearing fork on mine anyway.

Will do! Although when Rob showed me his, it was definitely more audible from inside the car (he had the door open with me outside)