wongy

Bola csr 18" and lowering help needed

hi guys,

Im ordering some Bola CSR 18" by 9" wide, on all four corners.. I'm also lowering on volgtland 25mm all round springs (where I live I can't do coilers again ruined me last time lol)

Question... 

1 - is 9" all round ok?

2 - what ET would you advise to go for? 

3-  size tyres?

Any help appreciated thanks guys

9" is fine yeah, my old Titans were 9" ET42. What I will say is 1 side did rub a bit but none of the other 3 did. If you got aftermarket coilovers it'd be a non issue in this regard. 

I think my 9" wheels have 225/45 the only difference being is my wheels were 17", being 18" I think you'd avoid the bottom of the suspension and you wouldn't have rubbing issues at ET42, plenty of others haven't had issues.

1 hour ago, wongy said:

/45

hi guys,

Im ordering some Bola CSR 18" by 9" wide, on all four corners.. I'm also lowering on volgtland 25mm all round springs (where I live I can't do coilers again ruined me last time lol)

Question... 

1 - is 9" all round ok?

2 - what ET would you advise to go for? 

3-  size tyres?

Any help appreciated thanks guys

If you are normally aspirated you will over-tyre your car and prove yourself a poser - up to you, of course . . . sorry, it's my view but I will try and help you . .

I have no idea what 'volgtland 25mm all round springs' are but sounds as though your local terrain is rough. 18" rims are not my choice for rough terrain.

ET on 9" rims should be 42mm. You will need to alter your negative camber which will require aftermarket top mounts

245 is the max you should consider on 9" rims. Rob has replied since I started this post and suggests 225/45. Good for 17" but with a lower profile I would suggest 245/40

Hope this helps

cheers for the replies guys!

what is the best size to go for then? I am right in thinking square is better than staggered, I had a 135i before so staggered was the way of the Bmw..

if I'm honest I'm not tracking the car its purely for the looks, want to get rid of some of the arch gap and get some wider boys on there

I used this site to get an idea of sizes, arch gaps, differences to speedo, differences to suspension strut etc. 

Just put in your current size and fiddle about with some new sizes. 

Oh and there is even a handy little diagram. 

7 minutes ago, wongy said:

I dont want to be changing top mounts etc... just the wheels and slightly lower .. if thats possible lol

You'll struggle to get the wheels to sit in the arch at the top without adding some negative camber up front which is much, much easier with camber adjustable top mounts.

5 minutes ago, wongy said:

are the camber mounts easy to fit? and are the expensive?

cheers guys

Best route is to just go for a set of coilovers. It'll give you more room in the arch and most come with top mounts allowing you to get the camber you want. 

9 hours ago, Lucas@PartBox said:

Work around this.

I'll be going for 18x9.5J+ET35 with 225's all round + 10mm wider front wings.

flushhhnes.png

cheers Lucas.. which wheels are you going for?