Guest 86guns

Old man from Yorkshire

Guest 86guns

Hi, newbie from Yorkshire here. Just bought a Blanco edition (No. 10).

After reading a few posts on here and looking at a few of your pictures I get the impression that I'm probably old enough to be your dad but hey, what the hell, I didn't fancy a grey Porsche. Did make me think how many GT86 owners are the wrong side of 50 though?

Great car so far. It's a weekend toy for me so I don't envisage doing a great deal of miles but oh, that audio system will be out pretty soon.

IMG_0104.JPG

Welcome aboard. Don't worry there are a number of members who have breezed past 50! ;)

A lot of us have changed the audio, it's quite easy to fit something better. :)

Your hearing must be spot on if that's the only complaint so far about the car! 

Welcome to the forum and congrats on a very good choice for a weekend warrior! 

Guest 86guns
15 minutes ago, Igi said:

Your hearing must be spot on if that's the only complaint so far about the car! 

Welcome to the forum and congrats on a very good choice for a weekend warrior! 

Cheers, I've migrated from the Lotus camp but I've had enough of mending and tinkering. The GT86 handles very similar.

In that case I looking forward to hearing more of your feedback after comparing with such machines as my previous experience doesn't stretch at all into performance car direction! 

But now complaining about the ICE system in the twins sounds a bit silly - surely it must be one thing that you've improved on already! 😂 In all seriousness though, if it's a simple quick upgrade you're after then I'd give the Focal IS165TOY a try, many swear by them as a very good and very easy step up.

Hi, newbie from Yorkshire here. Just bought a Blanco edition (No. 10).

After reading a few posts on here and looking at a few of your pictures I get the impression that I'm probably old enough to be your dad but hey, what the hell, I didn't fancy a grey Porsche. Did make me think how many GT86 owners are the wrong side of 50 though?

Great car so far. It's a weekend toy for me so I don't envisage doing a great deal of miles but oh, that audio system will be out pretty soon.

IMG_0104.JPG.31597b5e4948e51cb104ea3791a8bdfb.JPG

I also have a white GT86 and I am old enough to be your dad. Get out and enjoy it, if you don't like the music turn your hearing aid off. PS. I like your go faster stripes.

Sent from my crystal set using Morse code. :-)