GT86Bob

Deactivate Alarm

OK I've looked in the book and searched the forum but can't find the answer. (I know it must be there in both places!)

How do I deactivate the alarm (a requirement of putting the car on a ferry).

Thanks
Bob

Just use the key, only the immobiliser will be activated. 

Last time I put the car on a cross channel ferry I just locked it as normal alarm and all. I don't see why it would go off. I didn't even think about not putting the alarm on. 

Just use the key, only the immobiliser will be activated. 

Last time I put the car on a cross channel ferry I just locked it as normal alarm and all. I don't see why it would go off. I didn't even think about not putting the alarm on. 

Well I wouldn't have thought of it myself but it tells you to do that in the stuff they send you and I remember them telling us to do it last fine I took the ferry. I'll just use the key ad you suggest.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

http://www.gt86ownersclub.co.uk/forum/uploads/345/GT86_Cat_1_Alarm_Handbook.pdf

I used this to deactivate the sensors on the way to the IOW. My alarm did go off when I didn't do it right on the way there. The key is fine but if you don't use it often it will be stiff and you'll need grips/pliers.

http://www.gt86ownersclub.co.uk/forum/uploads/345/GT86_Cat_1_Alarm_Handbook.pdf

I used this to deactivate the sensors on the way to the IOW. My alarm did go off when I didn't do it right on the way there. The key is fine but if you don't use it often it will be stiff and you'll need grips/pliers.

Excellent thanks, this is very helpful. I can see now why I need to do it... it's the tilt sensor and to disarm it it's #5 on the keypad. Bob.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, GT86Bob said:

Excellent thanks, this is very helpful. I can see now why I need to do it... it's the tilt sensor and to disarm it it's #5 on the keypad. Bob.

You can always test it by jacking the car up :lol: You have to follow the instructions, as I said I did it wrong one of the crossings.

@knightryder that manual literally just saved my marriage. Left the wife in the car whilst queuing in Homebase during covid 19 lockdown! Had an audience watching whilst I frantically tried to turn the alarm off. With pin codes, key in the door, bonnet up trying to pull fuses. Before a google search brought me hear again to my safe space sanctuary that is the GT86 bible.

Thank you.