GreenSpring

Badge adhesive removal?

Hi, was just curious to see if any of you have removed the front badge before? I just removed mine and it's left behind a whole lot of gunk, is there an easy way to remove it? Thanks

I'd advise against putting anything too hot on paint if younpored boiling water for too long it would probably make the paint bubble as would applying to much heat from a heatgun/hairdryer 

9 minutes ago, jevvy said:

I'd advise against putting anything too hot on paint if younpored boiling water for too long it would probably make the paint bubble as would applying to much heat from a heatgun/hairdryer 

Dude ive fully debadged my car its its perfect. It works better than a hair dryer and adesive removers. 😎 tried all as i said.

22 minutes ago, jevvy said:

I can confirm this as it has happened to me in the past

Use a dedicated tar/glue remover, you want to clean it chemically not with abrasion or excessive heat.

If you've got a local Halfords then AG do an OK one - http://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/shampoo-polish-wax/autoglym-intensive-tar-remover-325ml

Auto Smart Tardis is supposed to be excellent - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Autosmart-Tardis-500ml-glue-remover/dp/B01MSFHCZ6

Personally I wouldn't put boiling water anywhere.

If the gunk is the glue like with the car name at the back, I always use petrol (and then give it a good wash after). Are the front and boot badges only glued in place?

The logo on the boot is glued on with locating pins but they are purely locating. The one on the front has locating pins but the pins have something holding it on as well as the glue so will take more force to pull off and you'll probably snap the pins

10 minutes ago, GreenSpring said:

Thanks for all the help. Just used WD-40 as it was the only thing I had around and it worked fine with a little elbow grease. Snapped the pins though. 

I took mine off while I had the bumper off anyway and the retainer clips were dug so far into the pins that they came off with them so it's sort of an inevitability they don't really do anything anyway :) 

I would try face wet wipes as have used them in the past .when I used for first time did not believe they would work,cannot recall make of wipes boots perhaps. They certainly should not be too harsh to at least see if works. Hope this helps you