Sign in to follow this  
GreenSpring

Is the Toyota service worth it?

If your car is still under warranty, you'll need a VAT registered garage to do the service in order to maintain the warranty anyway.

Toyota isn't cheap, but compared to places like BMW it's not that bad.

Also given they have fixed-price servicing nationwide, we pay the same in the South as in the North so for once aren't paying higher labour rates!

Is the GT86 service book electronic like the BRZs and if so, can a non Toyota dealership update it? I e-mailed my local Toyota dealership to see if they could service the BRZ but they never replied.

4 minutes ago, Willtl said:

Is the GT86 service book electronic like the BRZs and if so, can a non Toyota dealership update it? I e-mailed my local Toyota dealership to see if they could service the BRZ but they never replied.

Curious which dealership was it if you don't mind me asking?

I've got a paper service book which does get stamped for my reference, but it is also recorded online, where I can access it too. This details everything that Toyota have done in respect of work on my car. A non-Toyota dealership would not be able to update the Toyota online service record. 

Toyota may have fixed price services but not all deals hips offer the same standard of service.  Rrg Macclesfield 4th service is brilliant compared to rrg stockport as the diff oil and other little extras are included. Rrg Stockport didn't even know the difference oil could be changed totally useless 

Once you gt86 is 5yrs old you can move onto a difference service price list at Toyota that's about half price too, (£95 for minor and £190 for larger service but diff oil change extra) so i wouldn't buy a bulk service plan that takes you past 5yrs even though they will try and sell you this. 

On 23 April 2017 at 8:01 AM, Mikey P said:

Once you gt86 is 5yrs old you can move onto a difference service price list at Toyota that's about half price too, (£95 for minor and £190 for larger service but diff oil change extra) so i wouldn't buy a bulk service plan that takes you past 5yrs even though they will try and sell you this.

Why does it become cheaper? Are they taking the oil and filter off of the new cars they service and using that for the older cars? :D

6 hours ago, Willtl said:

Why does it become cheaper? Are they taking the oil and filter off of the new cars they service and using that for the older cars? :D

All Toyota over 5yrs have cheaper servicing (in fact most makes do) to try and compete with general garages as most only keep to Toyota during PCP or warranty (even though not a requirement). Only issue is as most Toyota are fwd so they charge extra for rear diff oil over their normal bronze/silver/gold service plan.