jevvy

Jev's gt86 aero

Starting a build log for my gt86 already done quite a few bits to it. A lot more to come.  Today I installed my wide kenwood head unit, it's got all the trimmings from Apple/android, dab, am/fm, cd/dvd, nav, Bluetooth ect all connected to the original USB, hdmi in the passenger footwell because why not :p. Grounded the hand brake wire so i can use any operation anytime. I probably should of taken pics of the installation :) had to do some ghetto wiring to get the jbl system to work without an adapter. Looks great and sits perfectly flush! Routed the microphone around the dash pillar and fitted it above the rear view mirror and double sided the old microphone inside the dash so I can retrieve it if I ever go back to factory haha. I'll include some pics of the car! Never installed a stereo before but it seemed simple enough so if anyone needs help around the Midlands I'd be happy to lend a hand! 

IMG_6927.JPG

IMG_6544.JPG

IMG_6660.JPG

3 hours ago, Mark-in-Stoke said:

What's the keyword model? Oh and love that gear knob.

KenwooD DNX716WDABS, I was either going to use this or one of the Australian wide models, but they don't have nav or dab so I had to go for this. It's actually better than my pinoneer f88 avic that I had in my old car! However I'll warn you the model is extremely rare and expensive :( I managed to call a German company and get an ex display at quite a large discount tho. I suppose they don't sell many because no one knows the model exists? 

Ps gearknob was 12£ from china on eBay :) and it feels really nice and is really heavy. Shame I'm a plumb with an auto so I only get to pull it too and fro tho, if you meant the black one it was 55£ but I'm selling it for 40£ and I used it once 😂😭

43 minutes ago, Tim86 said:

Nice Jevvy, how much did it cost you to get the interior trim painted?

780£ :(((((( but I got like 28 pieces painted and the body shop is a family friend and he said if I ever chip it he will keep the paint handy to fix it. So it was worth paying whatever he wanted :) I was going to either wrap it all in orange suede or pleather myself but when it's 28 peices, best off leaving it to them I thought :P gunna wash and wax it all when my wax comes though and it should look a bit posh :P

Just removed the rear brake light as it's disgusting to look at. Have the intec light ready to go in but waiting to decide whether to get a darker tint in the rear window first. Won't let me upload pics :( 

brake light deleted!

https://gyazo.com/800fc0d222bb88ce13f88a196d232a6

https://gyazo.com/661005d899ad01076037e26d867991ba

rear view is now clean as a whisle. Also got some incredibly garish mats and installed my blitz intake. Will post pics of the itake soon i spose!

https://gyazo.com/990e8cb6703a0c302cc2d9356ab040b0

10 hours ago, maurice said:

I think you should cover up those brake light holes in the rear shelf as it looks unfinished as is.

They are, its exactly the same felt. Just the old stuff is 2 years sun baked new stuff isnt : (

Over the past week ive fitted my new intake, played dress up with the engine bay, deciding what hoses to get still and waiting for my pulley covers to arrive. Valenti smoked side markers fitted, Rear visor fitted (side visors to come!) Random Japanese armrest fitted after much added felt tape to make it snug as a bug in a rug. Perrin drift button fitted along with a Cusco accelerator pedal. Currently torn between debadging or putting black ones on. Or just sticking a porche badge on it for a while for laughs.

Plastidipped my firends baby blue wheels to black on his Bora, they came out ridiculously good. way better than expected. Was pitch black when we fitted them and he drove away so no after pics unfortunately : (

14 minutes ago, jevvy said:

To Get a lambo door kit imported from australia for £600 or not, that is the question

Sure if you want to add a ton of weight :rolleyes:

Just now, Tim86 said:

Sure if you want to add a ton of weight :rolleyes:

its replacement hinges! max 10kg of weight as long as i poo every morning its basically the same!

8 hours ago, jevvy said:

To Get a lambo door kit imported from australia for £600 or not, that is the question

would be unique in the UK, I'm not aware of any others that have it so go for it if you like it

Ah - why not? It'd be a bit of fun...

I'd have other places to put £600 personally - but the whole point of these cars is that they're nearly all different...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today instead of going to the tuning developments thingy I was waiting around for a chap to drop off a AVO 3" front pipe that i paid £100 for saving me a good £300 as i wont have to shell out for the tomei : P. During this time I waxed my car a couple of times and glazed it. Also waxed the interior orange pieces and now they are particularly shiny and distracting : )

Today I installed the valenti lights from speedline they marked it at 50% value so parcel force didn't quite fully penetrate me. Also put a new shift knob in and the funky orange covers for the buttons (they just slide over and are the perfect amount of snug to work and don't scratch the buttons so was surprised as its just Chinese tat. Also dressed the engine up with some orange pulley covers. The lights look so much better than the picture. Lots more bits to do in the coming weeks, the reg lights on the back are insanely bright that i fitted and you can see the line on the ground that follows me around.