jevvy

Wheel and Tire Advice Wanted : )

26 minutes ago, jevvy said:

I'd rather higher profile tyres...

You'd be better off sticking with 17" wheels or even considering 16" wheels if you'd like a higher sidewall as the overall rolling radius needs to stay similar to stock otherwise it'll throw the speedo out significantly. 18" wheels will require a smaller sidewall due to the extra size of the wheel itself to maintain that same rolling radius.

3 minutes ago, Ade said:

Sorry didnt see the ad08r was on the list.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Both the ad08r and the Cup2's are a lot more road biased than most of the other stuff in 1b which is a shame. I know the 595 RSR's I had had way more grip than the Cup2's do. Looking at the 1b list I don't think either the Cup2's or the ad08r's would be my choice for competition. I'd love to try the AR1's though.

6 hours ago, Deacon said:

That's not true. Adrian said you can and as it's a street tyre it would put you in the street class.

You can't just make up the rules as you go along. People have specifically chosen tyres that are on the list and not gone for others that aren't. I was considering PS4's but when I realised they were not on the list they were not an option. Kev had the same issues with Bridgestones. The rules quite clearly state MSA List 1A, so you can't use tyres that are not on the list. 

Whilst I agree that it will almost definitely be in list 1A, it isn't currently on it for this year. Adrian can't just make it up as he goes along. It's totally not on. 

1 hour ago, Ade said:

In all honesty the pilot super sport is on the A1 list and the PS4 is a bit slower than that in the dry.

Where would my AD08R put me? They certainly are not as fast as the semi slicks on the 1B list....and are billed as road tyre. 

All the tyes in the sprint are road legal tyres. 

2 hours ago, rob275 said:

guidelines.jpg

Things could get interesting, i've seen some borderline semi slicks down as Street Tyres online which aren't on the MSA List ;)

I haven't. But I'll be honest I only care about my class, but I do and will continue to check all the tyres people are running. I noticed that Stan had AD08R's in his car and challenged it. He was disqualified from the class handing me the win. Stan was okay with this though, it wasn't a problem, but he clearly should have checked as he was running an 1B list tyre. 

2 hours ago, Deacon said:

You'd be better off sticking with 17" wheels or even considering 16" wheels if you'd like a higher sidewall as the overall rolling radius needs to stay similar to stock otherwise it'll throw the speedo out significantly. 18" wheels will require a smaller sidewall due to the extra size of the wheel itself to maintain that same rolling radius.

I'd rather! But I'd also rather have bigger wheels, looks> all

5 minutes ago, jevvy said:

I'd rather! But I'd also rather have bigger wheels, looks> all

Have you lowered it or are you going to? Bigger wheels and stock suspension can look a bit awkward.

1 minute ago, Deacon said:

Have you lowered it or are you going to? Bigger wheels and stock suspension can look a bit awkward.

Not yet but it's an option the oz wheels look a bit small at the moment if anything 

54 minutes ago, Deacon said:

What Oz wheels are you on? Oz to xxr is quite a downgrade!

The ones that come with the aero pack before Toyota started using their own wheels, should I just get these powder coated orange? They are pristine tho 😭😭

7 minutes ago, jevvy said:

The ones that come with the aero pack before Toyota started using their own wheels, should I just get these powder coated orange? They are pristine tho 😭😭

I was just saying that OZ are a top wheel manufacturer. XXR not so much. But I definitely understand your desire to keep the stock ones mint 👍

I always say you can never have too many sets of wheels and if orange xxrs are what you want fancy do it!

Maybe plasti dip your current wheels orange, would only cost about £40 all in and is completely reversible, it even helps protect condition of stock wheels underneath. 

Anywhere I can get the professionally plastidipped I used to plastidip pc parts and could do it myself but it would probably not be the best job

The beauty of Plasti dip is that it's quite easy to work with and if you mess up, peal and try again....I managed to do my boot in cold slightly windy conditions thinking it would come out crap but it came out quite well.

On 31/03/2017 at 4:55 AM, jevvy said:

Want to get an orange set of wheels and it seems there's only really one option apparently anyway : )

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XXR-527-18-8-75J-9-75J-5x100-5X114-3-HABANERO-ORANGE-ALLOY-WHEELS-SET-Z2286-7-/331376383915?hash=item4d279257ab:g:ukMAAOSw54xUYjIq

Was just wondering what size tyre's to go for and these wheels also come in 17"  would like to get the best "bang for buck" tyres and dont really want them to be stretched. Thanks alot!

If you can make them work on your car then they are damm cheap. Quids in. That's just over the price of one of my corners and tire. Buy em. Might need some serious camber on the rear though. 🚗

For tires with massive performance and affordable price go buy yourself a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE002's. You won't be disappointed dude 🚗

1 hour ago, CHOSENMAN007 said:

If you can make them work on your car then they are damm cheap. Quids in. That's just over the price of one of my corners and tire. Buy em. Might need some serious camber on the rear though. 🚗

For tires with massive performance and affordable price go buy yourself a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE002's. You won't be disappointed dude 🚗

Ended up buying a set of rays ce28n bronze, made in 2004 but came off an Impreza the chap imported with 2k miles on it and are absolutely spankers :) 

7 minutes ago, jevvy said:

Ended up buying a set of rays ce28n bronze, made in 2004 but came off an Impreza the chap imported with 2k miles on it and are absolutely spankers :) 

Now we are talking. Nothing wrong with used if the price is right. Good man staying with the brands that suit the car. Volk, rays  enkei and advans only imo. Now go slap on some re002s and your good to go 🚗

10 minutes ago, CHOSENMAN007 said:

Now we are talking. Nothing wrong with used if the price is right. Good man staying with the brands that suit the car. Volk, rays  enkei and advans only imo. Now go slap on some re002s and your good to go 🚗

the chap removed the japanese tyres and but brand new  yokohama ad08's on them so ill probably have to get through those first : P

2 minutes ago, jevvy said:

the chap removed the japanese tyres and but brand new  yokohama ad08's on them so ill probably have to get through those first : P

Your deal gets better and better. And get through them you will. Tread ware is rather quick. But sticky! By the way yokohamas are Japanese 😃

14 minutes ago, CHOSENMAN007 said:

Your deal gets better and better. And get through them you will. Tread ware is rather quick. But sticky! By the way yokohamas are Japanese 😃

paid 1050 delivered which im super happy about to be honest not sure whether to sell or keep my ultraleggeras

1 hour ago, jevvy said:

paid 1050 delivered which im super happy about to be honest not sure whether to sell or keep my ultraleggeras

Great deal and if they need a revamp as you mention they are old a refurb is feasible. You could use them for winter rubber maybe. If your like me and use summer tires all year round sell them. Oz are a decent brand but in terms of a choice between them and high end Jap brands I'd go Japanese straight up no ice.  In my personal view oz look a bit to conservative. Design wise not colour choices. (Not to offend Oz users) There is a reason why high end Jap wheels have such a following. But that's just me. 

If you sell you can buy other goodies 😎

20 hours ago, CHOSENMAN007 said:

Great deal and if they need a revamp as you mention they are old a refurb is feasible. You could use them for winter rubber maybe. If your like me and use summer tires all year round sell them. Oz are a decent brand but in terms of a choice between them and high end Jap brands I'd go Japanese straight up no ice.  In my personal view oz look a bit to conservative. Design wise not colour choices. (Not to offend Oz users) There is a reason why high end Jap wheels have such a following. But that's just me. 

If you sell you can buy other goodies 😎

sell the 0z's for lambo doors is that what you're saying?