Sign in to follow this  
Tweedbean

Sold Perrin Cold Air Intake

For Sale is my Perrin Performance  Cold Air Intake Kit - Subaru BRZ / Toyota GT86

New these are £355 plus delivery, I am looking for £225 delivered in the UK

Item located in cv7 Balsall Common

31506958241_32e15afb6c_o.jpgUntitled by James Baker, on Flickr

31622981905_07a7d91359_o.jpgUntitled by James Baker, on Flickr

13 hours ago, Varelco said:

how many miles has it covered? Is there any noticeable sound difference from inside the cabin?

Not many miles as the car has only done 15k since new and the car has only done 2k in the last 12 months.

Is this the model that requires the MAF scaling to be adjusted once fitted or the AFR will get too lean?

If so, do you know if it's safe to drive it to where it would be mapped? Or is it possibly to pull the scaling from your ECU?

I would recommend a remap for the MAF scaling.

However, I drove the car with one of these on for 6 months without any issues other than a bit of idle drop now and again. It's perfectly safe to drive with it fitted and no remap.

Agree with Tweed here, no need to remap just for an induction kit. I ran my Injen without a remap for 70K miles. It did lean out the fuel a little bit which seemed to result in a slight power increase. But it never caused an issue. Fuel/air ratio was just in a slightly better place than without. 

First post updated, I can't find any reference on Perrins website to two different sizes however from the photos I would say it's the 2.75" version as it has a step down to a smaller piper as per  pictures I've seen,

I have also dropped the price, please see first post.