dom2497

Boosted 86!!!

On 01/12/2016 at 11:27 PM, smudge said: This is on it's 2nd set anyway isn't it?

Nope not that i'm aware of, something else happened to this car but i'm not entirely sure what it was now.

Don't mind me lads

Sorry @dom2497 not wanting to scare you  I'm sure you know the true history of the car and as nothing was said on here about it everybody just speculated. 

Indeed I know all the history and not just with my car. I really want to avoid people's conjecture which I have seen many times on car forums, I expect you can imagine what it's like when I used to own a RX7!

Sorry @dom2497 not wanting to scare you  I'm sure you know the true history of the car and as nothing was said on here about it everybody just speculated. 

Indeed I know all the history and not just with my car. I really want to avoid people's conjecture which I have seen many times on car forums, I expect you can imagine what it's like when I used to own a RX7!

At least it wasn't an RX8. They seem to go through engines like other cars do headlamp bulbs :-). Still love the rotaries though...

Whatever the history of your car (and frankly engines going pop in 86s doesn't seem particularly linked to extreme tuning based on other threads) I will make the observation that your car looks lovely. Great wheels, great stance and love the stripes.

Hope you enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, dom2497 said:

Hopefully this stroker kit will prove the rest of us wrong mate. 

To put it into perspective, both my FA20 engine with the stroker kit and my Mrs' RX7 went bang last year and are in the process of some major engine overhaul. Looks like the house purchase is on hold until 2017...maybe 18 :lol:

42 minutes ago, Nicebiscuit said:

At least it wasn't an RX8. They seem to go through engines like other cars do headlamp bulbs :-). Still love the rotaries though...

The headlamp bulbs on my RX8 never went up until its ninth year when I decided to get something that didn't have me spannering in the snow! Headlamps are durable!

19 hours ago, dom2497 said: Indeed I know all the history and not just with my car. I really want to avoid people's conjecture which I have seen many times on car forums, I expect you can imagine what it's like when I used to own a RX7!

Hopefully this stroker kit will prove the rest of us wrong mate. 

To put it into perspective, both my FA20 engine with the stroker kit and my Mrs' RX7 went bang last year and are in the process of some major engine overhaul. Looks like the house purchase is on hold until 2017...maybe 18 

Ouch, hope they get sorted. I have to be honest I was lucky with my RX7. Worth looking into premixing if you haven't already. Who maps your Mrs's Rx7 btw?