Sign in to follow this  
K8nyx

Double din facia

Hi guys, any one got any alternative suggestions for the gaps at the side of the headunit now I've replaced it. Bought the facia kit as I needed the brackets to mount but the plastic inserts are awful! But so are the big gaps!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, K8nyx said:

Hi guys, any one got any alternative suggestions for the gaps at the side of the headunit now I've replaced it. Bought the facia kit as I needed the brackets to mount but the plastic inserts are awful! But so are the big gaps!

You could take the gt86 surround and fibreglass it to make the gap smaller. Shouldn't be too difficult to do then you can use that as an excuse to wrap or paint the interior bits at the same time.

only downside to filling and painting it would be you can't put the original stereo back in if you got to sell it and want to keep the radio or you have to find a new panel

39 minutes ago, Tareim said:

only downside to filling and painting it would be you can't put the original stereo back in if you got to sell it and want to keep the radio or you have to find a new panel

Panels are cheap as chips anyway

Will post pics later, to cold to go outside! Yea Lauren same kit I've got, hate it, looks hideous! Surprised no one does an aftermarket standard double din panel.

been thinking of replacing the unit with a Apple play one. But knowing the issues with fitment. I don't know what what to do. 

Best bets for me is the adaptor Lauren posted and a good unit. Agin not sure what to go for 

Don't waste your money on the adapter Lauren has, I got the same one and it's still horrible. Don't know about hers but mine doesn't well at all. Will measure the gaps when I get a sec.