Maddzy

Hey People !

Well hello people,

Just thought I'd register on here, mate of mine says there was and owners forum so thought to sign up.

Im from Scotland, Glasgow, Motherwell, I own a 14 plate black GT86 Private Reg and I must say Im in love.....been in love with this car ever since I saw this GT86 Advert !

Just in March passed i bought this car and was like YEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAA !

I might be possibly looking to do things to it (not sexual btw :-P). Possibly looking to get a remap done it amongst other things.

However this comes with a catch and am wondering what you all think so here goes:

Ever since I bought the car in March, 2weeks after I got it Brake squeal ! I was cool with it however, got it fixed RESULT back on the road. 3 Weeks later same thing by this point im annoyed. Brakes stripped and cleaned from the dealer, Ok im calm again........But again 3 weeks down the line............yea you guessed same thing....by this point im going Green (HULK LIKE ALMOST). So I go direct to the company I bought it from complain yada yada, they say "Ok what we can do is remove the brakes put new ones on, or you source genuine parts and we will reimburse you". This is the dilema I love this car ! I am at the stage of ombudsman complaint and giving them all the details of whats happened, Now im in 2minds to accept the recomp the company has offered which is £250 plus getting the brakes fixed or fight to get the car returned! thoughts ??..... Im wondering anyone else opinion on this.

Thanks Guys

Maddzy

Welcome aboard. There is honestly no way to cure the brake squeal with the stock pads. All the cars are the same. Toyota offer a softer pad which should help. Or do what most people do, fit aftermarket pads that do not squeal, like the Stoptechs. There is it seems no other way. Having the brakes cleaned and chamfered and all that is only ever a temporary solution. 

That said I did 60 odd thousand miles on stock brakes, you get used to the squealing after a time. 

15 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Welcome aboard. There is honestly no way to cure the brake squeal with the stock pads. All the cars are the same. Toyota offer a softer pad which should help. Or do what most people do, fit aftermarket pads that do not squeal, like the Stoptechs. There is it seems no other way. Having the brakes cleaned and chamfered and all that is only ever a temporary solution. 

That said I did 60 odd thousand miles on stock brakes, you get used to the squealing after a time. 

Its nowhere near 60k its about 15-16k at the moment 12.5k when I got it

The problem is, you simply won't resolve the issues with stock pads. They will always squeal no matter what you do. If they are offering you £250 , then take it and spend it on aftermarket pads. Sorted. 

Agreed with Lauren, stock ones are prone to squeal, Toyota can offer you a softer compound pad but they're not that great on track I've heard. The stock ones aren't too bad if you're heavy on them, found that after a track session they stay quiet for a Lil while then come back again, plus found they go quiet a bit after the car gets washed but it would always come back so again like Lauren said, best bet is to get aftermarket pads instead.

Welcome! 

Tbh without wanting to sound harsh I'm suprised they've offered £250, brake squeal is a fairly standard feature of the car. 

I feel Toyota can't win here, fit a sportier compound pad and get noise complaints from people expecting Mercedes levels of refinement - or fit a soft compound that falls apart on track.

I prefer the former, horses for courses..

Anyway, enjoy the car!

On 26/10/2016 at 6:39 PM, Maddzy said:

I know its not lol

So do u think from the experience Ive had I should go further or accept the offer?

Your dealer sounds quite reasonable. My dealer told me 'that's just just the gt86 mate, you'll have to get used to it'.

this is after I'd purchased the car obviously.