surrey86

Javelin trackday - Bedford GT - Friday 2nd December

Hope you all have a great one today, should be fun. Gutted I couldn't make it, instead I'm packed in like sardines on a train to London, argghhhh!

11 minutes ago, DanJ said:

Hope you all have a great one today, should be fun. Gutted I couldn't make it, instead I'm packed in like sardines on a train to London, argghhhh!

You tend to go to London often? Thought I saw your car at the station a few weeks ago?

11 minutes ago, DanJ said: Hope you all have a great one today, should be fun. Gutted I couldn't make it, instead I'm packed in like sardines on a train to London, argghhhh!

You tend to go to London often? Thought I saw your car at the station a few weeks ago?

I try to avoid it if I can in office hours, hate the rat race on the tube.

That was probably when I was up in Manchester if it was a couple of weeks ago.

How's the car Dan? Got the Donington mishap sorted?

Not yet, finding a good bodyshop round here who aren't flat out is proving challenging.

Shame you weren't there Dan!

I think we all had a good day out, I think 6 of us in the end. For December the weather was spot on - relatively mild compared to previous days and next to no rainfall.

It was quite incident free as far as I'm aware, apart from the track being closed for 20 minutes at 11am to clear up oil someone had dumped all the way down the main straight.

With almost having the track to myself in the last session I was playing about with the Primacy's and managed to spin across the grass at speed in 4th gear - that was a bit scary but as is Bedford's massive run off no consequence whatsoever - it's a great place to learn.

I can't seem to see the video Maurice.

I haven't had the chance to look at my cam footage yet but I had a couple nice battles with similarly matched cars which I'm looking forward to see.

Instructor session was good by boy he talked a lot. Couldn't focus properly for a couple laps as he was talking constantly! Still I recorded all of that so will be able to look back and learn a few things hopefully.

Much happier with the car this time round though and particularly enjoyed the battle with an E92 M3.

I think im going to look for something a tad more aggressive than the streetmasters once they are shot. I was getting them a bit hot and causing pad smear after 20mins or so....

I've decided that I'm going to run a road based pad/disc/wheel setup and a track based pad/disc/wheel setup so I can keep a closer eye on wear and usage. These pads felt awful going into the track day, and they had 6mm left after track day #4, so I've managed to use up 1/3 of a brake pad at Blyton and 1k of road miles.

Just now, Steeps said:

I've decided that I'm going to run a road based pad/disc/wheel setup and a track based pad/disc/wheel setup so I can keep a closer eye on wear and usage. These pads felt awful going into the track day, and they had 6mm left after track day #4, so I've managed to use up 1/3 of a brake pad at Blyton and 1k of road miles.

I used to eat about half a set of soft pads on one day! Clubracers are another thing altogether....