Sign in to follow this  
DaveJenks95

Which manifold to go for?

Hi all,

looking to buy a manifold to help alleviate the notorious torque dip... Has anyone had their manifold changed which resulted in a noticeable improvement- if so which manifold ? I don't really want to spend over £550. 

Any comments/ experience will be appreciated. Many thanks

Dave 

Before my GT86 arrived, I was looking at the Ace 4-2-1 header (bit OT as more than you were looking to spend). More recently I have been wondering if I am ever near 4K RPM when really accelerating... that's ~20MPH in 1st, and then you'd never drop the revs that low above about 25MPH? I'm probably wrong though.

There are quite a few situations on the road (or around the cones) where you're not going to drop to 1st and could use some extra poke. I have tried to heel-toe down into first before on my last car, and it felt abusive, even when I think I got the rev match. In any case, there's a definite justification for removing that dull patch when you decide you're going to go for it and it takes a while to spin up. You can work around it, tolerate it, but I think it's nice to smooth out the weakness, as well as get a bit more fizz at the top.