Nicebiscuit

Just renewed Toyota breakdown cover...

My free year of breakdown cover is coming to an end and I got the renewal quote, which was surprisingly reasonable. About £70, which given that it includes European cover isn't bad at all.

Only had to use them once when the original slightly wheezy battery expired but they were good. AA guy remarked that he'd been to a few duff GT86 batteries but that was the only breakdowns he'd seen...

Hope I don't need it, mind :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I changed mine, because they will only recover you to the nearest Toyota dealer which has severe limitations. Went back to the AA and just pay the extra for Euro cover when I need it. At least then I can get recovered to the dealer of my choice. 

If you have multiple cars in your household, I'd suggest going with RAC as they give you discount for each car. We have everything other than Euro cover on our Dodge and A6 which is about £128 annually. What is interesting is when we added my son's car, the cover from April to September (when the current cover ends) was just £5.61!

I'm on personal cover with RAC for roadside and recovery. I think it was about £85 for the year on my last renewal. Came in handy when my tyre blew out the other week! 

I've renewed my Toyota Roadside too over the past couple of years as it does seem to be cheaper than getting the equivilent cover direct from the AA (or RAC for that matter), although I've thankfully never needed to use it. In response to Lauren's point about the nearest dealer, this is I think only half right looking at my booklet which says:

Recovery - The AA can usually sort things out at the side of the road or arrange swift repair at a local Toyota Centre. If not, they'll take you to a single destination of your choice"

This is in addition to onward travel - free replacement car for 48 hours; or £150 per person for B&B up to max of £500; or £150 for each person for onward travel arrangements, up to max of £500.

In other words in theory you could get the car towed to RRG Macc while you get either a hire car, train or B&B.

Stan had this problem when he wanted to get his car recovered as they would only take his car to the nearest dealer, not where he wanted to go which was probably Fensport. He had to take out alternative cover.