Sign in to follow this  
STEVO9000

Warrington - 14/05/2016

Hey guys,

So as promised I said I'd start a thread come the time where I knew when I'd be back up for @Mike@TD.co.uk and Nick to work their magic on my GT.

I'll be in Warrington on the 14th and 15th May. If anyone fancies a get together on the evening of the 14th, I'm sure we can arrange some food at the Jolly Thrasher again?

:) 

Happy for suggestions! Just depends how far it'll be as I have no transport while I'm there as TD need the car for 2 days.

I haven't booked a hotel yet, will be somewhere relatively close to TD though.

May use the same one I did last time, waiting for a friend to confirm if he's coming with me or not before I book in anywhere :) 

If you're going to be stuck here for a bit, might be better to be somewhere with things to do? If your friend is coming, certainly Manchester gives you more options. 

Yep, Saturday night. If we want a table in Wilmslow, it will need to be booked, but there are a number of options. Miller and Carter too as well as CAU. 

Sorry guys, I didn't think it was going ahead as didn't seem much interest. But yes I'm up for doing something, will have one of my friends with me to but he likes to eat so it's all good 😂

I wont have my car though as TD will have it till Sunday and I'm staying pretty near to TD as well. So will have to look at taxi's unless someone's really kind to come and collect us for a bit of fuel money :)

I am a fan of Miller and Carter! ;) 

The problem I have is that it would be a 50 minute round trip to pick you up and bring you to Wilmslow and the same again on the way back. I can't fit four people in the GT or the AE either. I think it will cost you a lot of money in a taxi! 

So I'm not sure what to suggest really. 

Yeah, really sorry, Steve. I've had a bonkers week at work with a nasty cold, so feel like I just need to lie down! 

But, if you're in town, you should check out the Northern Quarter if you fancy funky and quirky restaurants. It seems to be the cool place to be at the moment. You may bump into Johnny Marr in the tea rooms. ;)  All away from the pretentious stuff around the Town Hall. The Old Monkey is a great little traditional Manchester Pub if you want a bit of peace and quiet, but there are tons of places around. Was only there Thursday night for a gig. Enjoy my city. :) 

It's cool guys! 

They finsihed my car in less time than they thought they'd need so I had it back about 5ish. Just nipped out for a quick drive and for some food, it's amazing! 

Quiet night I think, I've been up since 5am and after a day walking around Manchester I'm shattered! 

Got recovered home on a flat bad.... Nothing to do with the work done, I had a bloody blow out on the rear passenger side. Something went through my tread and let it lose pressure slowly, then bye bye went the inner sidewall! 

Was as really looking forward to the drive through the twisties too 😩

I am indeed! I'm looking on the bright side. If it had happened mid bend through the good roads back in Wales, this post could've ended totally different. I'm thankful that if it had to go that it went somewhere I wasn't going to spin out and damage the car, myself or my passenger.

Not too bad anyway, as the rears were just hitting the wear markers so would've had to replace anyway. I'd have been more gutted if they had loads of life left!