ALB453

The New Owner Of A Financial Mistake :D

Hey Guys! :D

My name is Alan Bennett, I'm 20, and I've just purchased the deal of a century.
I brought this 2015 Subaru BRZ for a very modest price.
You may have seen it around or heard of it, it had a 6 page spread in Japanese performance mag, and now I'm going to take it to the next level.
The previous owner ( before the dealer whom I brought it from) spent £26,000 buying the car new a year and two weeks ago, then after having the car for a week he took it to knightracer and spent a further £25,000 on all of the carbon, suspension, monstrous brakes and of course the supercharger. ( I paid less than what he brought it for from subaru!)
It's loud and OTT, and not to every bodies taste, but I love it.
Figured I'd join this as I'd like to document the developments I make to the car so other people can do similar / seek advice/ avoid problems.
So yeh, hey :)

If you'd like to learn a little more about me and how I managed to afford to buy/ insure this car my 'about me' section will give all of the information you require ! 
I look forward to meeting some of you, and making new friends.
Is there anyone on here attending Japfest this year? I'll be there in a show spot ! :) 

EDIT*********************** for more info on the car please see my build thread --- link after the pictures 

12919661_10208288038179228_2158485351733861314_n.jpg

12921857_10154043168155561_1988408942_o.jpg

12915199_10154043168135561_185664939_o.jpg

12921958_10154043168130561_391380854_o.jpg

12903558_10154043168105561_551171163_o.jpg

6 minutes ago, CanaryWundaboy said:

Ah it's THAT one again! :D

Great to see it's in good hands, will make sure I take a good gander at it during Japfest. :)

I take it you know of this car then haha!
It's a tad tatty as it would seem the person that splashed the cash didnt seem to understand the idea of taking care of their paint, he just stracked the s**t out of it, after 2 trips to the nurburgring since its been sprayed there are plenty of chips ! It doesnt make the perfect show car but who wants a trailer queen?! It'll ben good to meet you there :)

Pfft, The GT86 is not a car that belongs on a trailer, under a cover, waxed and polished to within an inch of it's life and never driven for shits and giggles or ragged round a track. I'll see you at Japfest. :D

Just one thing, is that the Seibon rear wing? If yes, could you get a few pictures of the struts? I'm torn between that wing and the (twice as expensive) Zele Performance one but it's really hard to get pictures of the wings on the car as they're not terribly common.

10 minutes ago, CanaryWundaboy said:

Pfft, The GT86 is not a car that belongs on a trailer, under a cover, waxed and polished to within an inch of it's life and never driven for shits and giggles or ragged round a track. I'll see you at Japfest. :D

Just one thing, is that the Seibon rear wing? If yes, could you get a few pictures of the struts? I'm torn between that wing and the (twice as expensive) Zele Performance one but it's really hard to get pictures of the wings on the car as they're not terribly common.

Not a problem, I will do, infact i will be selling mine shortly as soon as the one arrives from the states that I have ordered :)

20160326_153927.jpg

26 minutes ago, CanaryWundaboy said:

Does the raised lip section interfere with the view out of the rear window? Sorry for the question bombardment!

Big time... the whole wing (with how low my car is) blocks the face level of drivers behind, you can see the headlights and roof of whats behind though:) I'll take a pick from inside in 15-20 mins 

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

What are you replacing the wing with?

I'll have to have a look at JapFest too I think, it looks completely bonkers. :D

It is bonkers:) I'll be replacing it with this 

1 hour ago, Rich said:

I'll have to have a look at JapFest too I think, it looks completely bonkers. :D

Got this one on order, not 100% on whether or not it'll look good on my car without the rcktbny arches, if it just looks stupid then it'll stay off the car until i can get some custom bits made up for it:) 

BCL_Gas_01_large.jpg

Just now, ALB453 said:

Got this one on order, not 100% on whether or not it'll look good on my car without the rcktbny arches, if it just looks stupid then it'll stay off the car until i can get some custom bits made up for it:) 

BCL_Gas_01_large.jpg

definitely wouldn't look right without some form of wide arch kit and other supporting aero mods

Cheers for all the picture, when it comes off the car hit me up as I think I'll be very interested in taking it off your hands.

Paul

1 hour ago, Tareim said:

definitely wouldn't look right without some form of wide arch kit and other supporting aero mods

More aero parts are planned :) I'm not into going a million mph, so OTT aero is going to happen as I just like accelerating hard haha! gonna start a build thread now! :) 

1 hour ago, CanaryWundaboy said:

Cheers for all the picture, when it comes off the car hit me up as I think I'll be very interested in taking it off your hands.

Paul

No problem buddy! You'll be the first to know ! 

5 hours ago, Rich said:

check out the above post :) sorry i didn't realise it was a different person that I had replied too :P

Welcome to the club and awesome purchase! Hope to see this and meet you at Japfest, make sure you come visit us on our stand, we've got a massive number of 86's there this year, old and new....oh and some BRZ's there too

I'm a big fan of this car always kept an eye on it, will definitely have a good look at japfest and if you ever take any bits off it make sure to let me know! Slightly obsessed with carbon

17 hours ago, adam said:

I'm a big fan of this car always kept an eye on it, will definitely have a good look at japfest and if you ever take any bits off it make sure to let me know! Slightly obsessed with carbon

As am I haha! Got around 30/40 carbon bits to buy still :)