dannGT

Hi from Lincolnshire

Just a quick hello to everyone on the forum. Purchased my first GT86 yesterday, the forums been really helpful in making my mind up on what car to buy. I've been stuck in shopping trolley cars for a few years so really looking forward to getting my hands on the car, hopefully next week..... :D

33 minutes ago, adam said:

Congrats on the purchase, any plans to modify it at all? 

Cheers, Long term plan will be to add some modifications but would rather wait for a while until I feel the need for more and the finance have recovered. It'll also give me time to get upto speed with whats available. Spent last night drooling over the Cosworth mods though.

Welcome aboard! Plenty of info here, though you'll end up spending loads, I warn you. ;)

It's a good idea though just to leave it stock for a bit and get a feel for how the car is before you decide what you want to change. 

20 minutes ago, dannGT said:

Cheers, Long term plan will be to add some modifications but would rather wait for a while until I feel the need for more and the finance have recovered. It'll also give me time to get upto speed with whats available. Spent last night drooling over the Cosworth mods though.

I do like the look of the cosworth parts but I would almost recommend looking elsewhere as they hold a premium for the name 

Welcome aboard! Plenty of info here, though you'll end up spending loads, I warn you.

It's a good idea though just to leave it stock for a bit and get a feel for how the car is before you decide what you want to change. 

Apart from the armrest. You'll want to fit one of those within forty seconds of delivery...

7 minutes ago, Nicebiscuit said:

Apart from the armrest. You'll want to fit one of those within forty seconds of delivery...

is that a toyota part or aftermarket?

5 minutes ago, rob275 said:

Welcome to the club Dan, glad you've found the forums useful :) What have you gone for spec wise?

Gone for an Aero in pearl white with the gloss black alloys. I know the rear spoiler is a wee bit marmite but I love it :D

Congrats and welcome to the club! Hope you can join us on some events/shows this year....or maybe even the odd trackday if you're keen for that type of stuff.

14 hours ago, Keethos said:

Congrats and welcome to the club! Hope you can join us on some events/shows this year....or maybe even the odd trackday if you're keen for that type of stuff.

I'm looking forward to getting the car out on track, I've already booked a car limits training day at Blyton to give me some safe running to get used to the car.

A whole bunch of us will be at Blyton this Saturday for the first round of the Toyota Sprint Series, it's normally free to spectate so feel free to pop along (we will probably be having dinner in the Premier Inn Scunthorpe on the Friday night before as well)

Blyton was the first place I took mine on track (on winters once the snow had melted a bit) with Car Limits back in Feb 2013 

Alec