Sign in to follow this  
long-gone

Jap Day, Combe

As JapFest is not at Combe this year, it looks like they're hosting a similar/smaller event; Castle Combe's Japanese Car Show

Saturday 14 May 2016 tickets £15 in advance, £20 on the day.

15 minute track sessions plus all day track pass also available at extra cost - probably for those braver than me. Some of the public track sessions have been a little too 'boisterous' to me.

Some may be interested in the Show and Shine competition: here.

We  looked at attending this event as a club, ultimately decided not to this year what with it being new and all that. We went to a new show before and it was dire. I'll leave it here though and add it to the calendar. I may go scope it out to see if it's worth considering for next year.

I think because of JapFest the last few years, Combe should expect a decent crowd - it's always been popular for those brave enough to take to the track with a lot of, shall we say 'inexperienced enthusiasts', plus there seems to be a decent uptake by vendors and clubs. It won't be on a par with Silverstone I'm sure, but it's so near to me it'd be rude not to go. Hoping there won't be queuing we had a couple of years ago. :P

Has anyone decided they're going to this? I know we don't have a stand or whatever, but I'd be up for meeting people in the morning to drive up together. Could also take the opportunity (providing the weather is good) to go for a little drive afterwards and perhaps stop off for some food somewhere if there are a few of us.

Tickets for general admission are still on sale until the 13th, so plenty of time to decide, but if a few more say yes, we could perhaps organise something.

I'll be heading to this, I'm attending with raceline media, should be a good day and hopefully this weather holds up aswell 

11 hours ago, GREMLIN said:

I'm going on outlaw jap stand may be a spare pass will know by tomorrow as mates mr2 broke the steering rack

If that's the case I'd possibly be up for taking it. Not sure how my weekend plans are looking right now.