Rich

Snetterton Trackday April 27th

2 hours ago, DanJ said:

I've got Cosworth Streetmasters on at the moment, I think they're a good compromise for road and track use. After a smoky bedding in on the first run they were fine for the rest of the day at Bedford. If I get the Brembos on in time for Japfest you can have the Streetmaster pads.

Ooo that would be awesome, thanks! I was looking at the Streetmasters already. :)

1 hour ago, Keethos said:

The stock parts really aren't that bad, you shouldn't really have any problems with the 300 circuit, I did a couple of trackdays with stock pads and primacys and didn't really have any issues at all except for Mallory Park which is a rather small track so was hard on the brakes a lot and did managed to glaze them, but like I said, since you'll be on the longer 300 circuit with the longer runs then you should be fine I reckon.....unless you stay out and do silly amounts of consecutive runs then maybe they'd probably die.  Any ideas how much pad material you have left?  They are pretty hard wearing so should last you no probs.

No idea on pad wear at the moment, I need to have a check on that. I'll try to have a poke this evening, is it possible to check without taking the wheels off?

1 hour ago, Ade said:

It all depends on how you drive. I'm quite heavy on the brakes I think as I can fade most pads in 20minutes. Only pads I haven't been able to are the Club Racers. 

if Rich was okay on stock pads, then the Street Master will be more than enough and should offer nicer pedal feel. 

I'm not very heavy on the brakes, but I think I should be a bit heavier to improve times. I'm a bit too used to road driving where the idea is to brake as little as possible.

2 hours ago, DanJ said: I've got Cosworth Streetmasters on at the moment, I think they're a good compromise for road and track use. After a smoky bedding in on the first run they were fine for the rest of the day at Bedford. If I get the Brembos on in time for Japfest you can have the Streetmaster pads.

Ooo that would be awesome, thanks! I was looking at the Streetmasters already.

1 hour ago, Keethos said: The stock parts really aren't that bad, you shouldn't really have any problems with the 300 circuit, I did a couple of trackdays with stock pads and primacys and didn't really have any issues at all except for Mallory Park which is a rather small track so was hard on the brakes a lot and did managed to glaze them, but like I said, since you'll be on the longer 300 circuit with the longer runs then you should be fine I reckon.....unless you stay out and do silly amounts of consecutive runs then maybe they'd probably die.  Any ideas how much pad material you have left?  They are pretty hard wearing so should last you no probs.

No idea on pad wear at the moment, I need to have a check on that. I'll try to have a poke this evening, is it possible to check without taking the wheels off?

1 hour ago, Ade said: It all depends on how you drive. I'm quite heavy on the brakes I think as I can fade most pads in 20minutes. Only pads I haven't been able to are the Club Racers. 

if Rich was okay on stock pads, then the Street Master will be more than enough and should offer nicer pedal feel. 

I'm not very heavy on the brakes, but I think I should be a bit heavier to improve times. I'm a bit too used to road driving where the idea is to brake as little as possible.

No problem, I'd much rather they go to a good home than sit on my shelf gathering (more!) dust.

Well this event is now fully booked.

For those that are going would anyone be interested in a garage spot?

My friend has a fisher fury, its tiny and happily will slot in the middle of two gt86s so what I am proposing is we hire two garages for three of us to use. 

It would work out at £20 each. PM me if interested.

I'm game for passengers too.

Dan, did I see that you you have your new brakes sorted? Does that mean you have some streetmasters going begging? :)

Not sure on a garage spot, I'm not anticipating needing to do much to my car!

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

Dan, did I see that you you have your new brakes sorted? Does that mean you have some streetmasters going begging? :)

I'd recommend getting a Garage at Snetterton either way. Makes it easier getting onto the track and its a nice place to chill between sessions. 

Dan, did I see that you you have your new brakes sorted? Does that mean you have some streetmasters going begging?

Yep, I just need strip them from the calipers, the workshop is at Silverstone so can wander over with me and collect them at some point on Sunday.

18 hours ago, Steeps said:

I might come along as the final round of TSS is at Snet, so I can take the day off for research purposes if anyone is up for giving passenger laps  :)

18 hours ago, GT86Jay said:

I'll come down mid-afternoon and say Hi. 

I'll bring my helmet with me if someone wants to be kind enough to take me out for some passanger laps :wub:

I'm happy to give passenger rides. 

18 hours ago, Rich said:

Rich I have two garages booked. Dan, my friend and I will share, but it if rains we can easily get another car or two in the garages. Certainly if anyone needs to do any work they can use the garages and also use them to store their toolboxes. 

Rich I would recommend you bring tools required to get under and torque up the manifold.

13 minutes ago, Ade said:

Rich I have two garages booked. Dan, my friend and I will share, but it if rains we can easily get another car or two in the garages. Certainly if anyone needs to do any work they can use the garages and also use them to store their toolboxes. 

Rich I would recommend you bring tools required to get under and torque up the manifold.

I'll throw the socket set and some axle stands in then!

36 minutes ago, richardcarman said:

Who is going as I'm planning to pop down and take a look as need to decide which colour 86 I want! Would appreciate any passenger rides too :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First post has a list of names.

As for colours, mine's orange, Ade's is red I think, Paul's is white, Dan's is subaru blue, and Nigel's is grey.

On 19/04/2016 at 2:15 PM, Ade said:

Its worth it.  It'll be the time that you dont take anything that the feckin exhaust decides to blow or you boil the brake fluid. 

Here's a good thread to read:

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52624

Bought a big plastic box I can chuck my jack, stands and tools in last night. Should make things a bit easier. Weighs a ton though!

I'll be bringing a selection of tools too so im sure between us we'll have plenty. You can chuck it in our garage.

Getting close now lads. Very much looking forward to see why my setup is capable of on track. 

That's a great video, I'm not too fussed about other cars on track, but consistency is not something that comes easily either, definitely something to think about.

Incidentally, current forecast is a dry morning and a 40% chance of rain in the afternoon. Could make for interesting conditions.