Sign in to follow this  
Knighty

I love this car!

That is all... 

In all seriousness though I really love this car. The more I drive it, the more confident I get and the better the car seems to become. 

Just had a real epiphany today when I was driving where everything just seemed to click, the looks, the noise, the handling, the sweetness of the gearchange.. The car really seems to have it's own character!  I really cannot believe I own such a great car, all my hard work has paid off 

And of course being a member of this great forum! 

In other news, my first issue of Hyper Rev has arrived!

20160209_212755_zps3b2hcsor.jpg

Now of course, I can't actually tell you what any of it says, but I can, and will, look at the pictures! :lol:

I spent 6 months learning the basics of Korean toward the back end of 2015, and have yet to run into a single scenario in which that's been a useful skill. Meanwhile, I've found maybe 20 situations in which learning Japanese would have been useful.

Never lucky.

Let me help... That first headline is 'My wife left me for her fitness instructor'. The next one down is '12 healthy rhubarb dishes' and the third is 'Top mascara tips'

Enjoy :-)

Now it all makes sense!

That last one is very useful, I've never been able to do it right... Always end up looking like a panda..

At a little over 15,000 sales up to the end of 2015 (GT86 figures only), which is fairly low for 4 years of sales, there's a good chance that these will be classic sometime in the future. 

I for one will be keeping hold of mine for a long time, mostly because I love the car, but I look forward to seeing if it does get valuable down the line.

It won't, and not because it isn't good, but because it probably is...

To be valuable down the line it needs to be popular AND rare. The cars that tend to go up in value are the ones which are made of cheese, so twenty years later there are only six left. See Sierra Cosworth.

Best mainstream bet for modern classic status at the moment? Ford Puma. Because they're all terminally rusty. If you can find one of the five or so left where the bottom six inches is still solid you'll make money...

Perhaps your idea of classic differs slightly from what I mean. I don't mean they're destined to be fetching 6 figures, I'm talking more in terms of "classic" BMW M3's, Mercedes 190E Cosworth, the original AE86 etc.

None of those cars were bad when they were new, but they all spawned a following. The GT86 is the first cheap, rear drive sports car in a long time (discounting the MX5, which is a classic in it's own right), and being the "first" of something, means it will always have its place in history.

I have no expectations for them to take off in value or anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if they become something of a collector's item some time in the future.

Oh, it'll be a classic, alright, just not convinced it'll be worth a lot. The best example above of the sort of thing is the Merc 190. Great car - worth less than it should be because you can't kill the damn things! See also the Porsche 944. In fact the GT86 is very much a latter-day 944.

There are always ever so slightly more cars than buyers.