Sign in to follow this  
Redmanforever

New but not new!

Hi all... I'm new to this site, but have been a happy owner of a black GT86 TRD for about a year and a half now having bought her from new when there was only a couple of the limited editions left.

Some of you will already know me no doubt, as I've been to a few events around the Northwest and such, but if not, hope to bump into most of you,            (not literally of course,) at some point in the future... P.S. Here's a couple of pics from Oulton Park last year.17796568753_3476d337d3_o.thumb.jpg.1d75f18231123559_83e0392f60_o.thumb.jpg.ea5b9

Thanks for the welcome guys, I've modded a few things on the car, mostly to make it a bit louder, such as a new air intake system and a 2nd decat, a few cosmetic touches are soon to follow I think, mostly more TRD bits really, (can't have enough of them,) and I'm considering an engine re-map too... Would be nice to know who else as tried a re-map and how much of a difference it would make without serious engine upgrades.

I felt a nice change with a remap, Adrian from Fensport does on the road mapping which is what I went for but Mark at Abbey Motorsport and Mike at Tuning Development do on the dyno mapping.  You'll feel a bit more oomph, a bit more eagerness with the engine and they can narrow the torque dip at 4k.  Besides that, I get some fancy extras like flat foot shifting, rev matching (if you can't toe heel) and launch control (which I still haven't tried) but not only that, I also technically get a little bit more mileage if I was to be sensible.  I also had them remove the loud start up where the car idles at 2k when you first start up in the morning, with a louder exhaust, I thought I'd best not piss off the neighbours too much.

Hello and welcome from a fellow newbie. :)

I took the same route as Keethos above and echo his findings. I've also found quite a bit more torque low down - it pulls well from 2,000 RPM, unlike pre-mapping when more often than not I had to drop a gear. Whether this is proven on a proper dyno I don't know, but my arse-dyno says it's true.

If you do go for a remap, make sure you fill up with V-Power - you'll get way better results if it's optimised to take advantage of the higher octane rating. If you turn up with regular 4 star or even supermarket 'super' Adrian will give you a bollocking! :P

Lol, daidaiiro is right....my first remap was with Tesco's 99 momentum....what a mistake that was :D oh and Adrian also raised the rev limit slightly and now doesn't cut off as abruptly when you do hit the limit, so now you can now just reach 62mph in 2nd.

Adrian did say to me that he can add a 99 Ron Map to my car,but I would have to do at least 5 fill ups before coming to see him for the Mapping

Also for Track Day Drivers he can add a 102 Ron Map but that means spending all day with him going around a Track

Sent from my Archos 53 Platinum using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Test Drives Unlimited said:

Adrian did say to me that he can add a 99 Ron Map to my car,but I would have to do at least 5 fill ups before coming to see him for the Mappingemoji14.png

Also for Track Day Drivers he can add a 102 Ron Map but that means spending all day with him going around a Trackemoji14.png

Sent from my Archos 53 Platinum using Tapatalk

I can think of worse ways to spend my time lol

Thanks for the advice guys, now that I've had the air intake and 2nd decat done, I'll probably go down the route of a remap after all.      Although down to location for the most part, I might end up having Mike at Tuning developments do it, as their only 30 mins down the rooad for me!    PS. Personally, I've always used shell v-power in mine since I bought it... It probably wouldn't run on anything else now, spoilt little git!!! :lol: