Mike@TD.co.uk

Open Day Spring 2016 @ Tuning Developments 27/03

26 minutes ago, S18 RSG said:

I would guess that we may head up the M50 through Ross on Wye, so we wouldn't get on the M5 until Strensham services, but more than happy to meet there if you would be good with that?

yeah, it's just the next one along so not a problem, what time were you thinking about leaving? last time I left fairly early to get there as soon as it started almost

also @Mike@TD.co.uk you've not said when doors are open, unless I've missed that?

Just now, Tareim said:

yeah, it's just the next one along so not a problem, what time were you thinking about leaving? last time I left fairly early to get there as soon as it started almost

also @Mike@TD.co.uk you've not said when doors are open, unless I've missed that?

I'm not sure to be honest, if doors open early morning, I assume it would be early, but we can discuss that closer to the time.

I'm up in Birmingham on the Saturday too, so I'm not even sure whether I'll be staying at a hotel there, or heading back Saturday night ready for this on Sunday.

Will have to have a think.

18 minutes ago, Tareim said:

10:00am same as last time bud :) 

1 hour ago, S18 RSG said:

I'm not sure to be honest, if doors open early morning, I assume it would be early, but we can discuss that closer to the time.

I'm up in Birmingham on the Saturday too, so I'm not even sure whether I'll be staying at a hotel there, or heading back Saturday night ready for this on Sunday.

Will have to have a think.

as it is starting at 10am I'd be looking at leaving around 6:30am ish so would be at Strensham Services around 7:45 at the latest?

I'd need to leave swansea at 5:30-6 to get there for 10, hence why I fancy staying the night before :) i hate driving when I'm tired! 

Will have a look at hotels, shouldn't be too badly priced hopefully :) 

I guess I could just drive up to Cheshire from Birmingham and get a hotel there, rather than staying in Birmingham. 

Whoever books the hotel first, let me know also, I'll grab a room there.

7 minutes ago, Mark-in-Stoke said:

There is a possibility I could get you some extremely good rates at the best western moat house in Stoke, 40 mins from TD let me know if you want me to find out for you.

Sure, wouldn't hurt to find out at very least. Only a quick 30 mile blast up the M6. Cheers Mark.

Can't imagine there'll be many places cheaper than that. See what everyone else says, but even if nobody else wants to go through with that, I'll probably stay there (less distance for me to drive after 10 hours of meetings on Saturday).

23 hours ago, Tareim said:

I did it all in one day last year was rather tired by the end of it

I might drive back with you as staying night before at my dads in Lytham, driving back to Cheltenham after. M6 was bit of a carpark last event

11 minutes ago, MikeB said:

I might drive back with you as staying night before at my dads in Lytham, driving back to Cheltenham after. M6 was bit of a carpark last event

yeah, that wasn't fun :(

just checked and there isn't any football on around the area (eg. man utd) so hopefully wont get too much traffic

12 minutes ago, Tareim said:

yeah, that wasn't fun :(

just checked and there isn't any football on around the area (eg. man utd) so hopefully wont get too much traffic

Ok cool, cu there and have a spin so you can see what final drive ratio change is like

Also more than happy to share a room with someone.

Slightly off topic, but following from what Mike brought up, is there anyone who's heading to this event who's changed the final drive on a manual? Be really interested to go out in one.