bloo

Finally found one! (wrong tyres though)

Hi everyone

Had my eye on getting a GT86 for a long time now but finally picked up a '12 plate blue one a couple of weeks ago. Love it!!

Interestingly the previous owner had Goodyear F1s on the rear and the Primacys on the front - makes for interesting handling in the wet. I want to replace the fronts to make the car more balanced but struggling to find anywhere local that stock F1s. So - recommended alternatives? Continental 5s look good.

thanks all and happy motoring :)

Pete

Continentals will be a generally recommended tyre on this forum from what I've seen, although if the Goodyears are in decent knick, you could just buy 2 more for the front and save a bit of money, they're good tyres too.

Personally, I've always stuck by Vredesteins on most of my cars, they give 95% of the grip in the wet and dry of a Continental or Michelin, for a significant saving, and they seem to last for a seriously long time.

Welcome to the club either way :)

If the rear F1's are part worn, maybe check out ebay etc for some part worns for the front down the time being? Otherwise, I'd recommend Conti Sport 5's or even Yoko V105's

P.S. congrats and welcome to the club!

Where abouts in Surrey are you? Any tyre place should be able to get them. I know a few near me that can get them no problem. Or just order them online.

Also welcome to the club.

Thanks thats quite a response for a working day! Cool - sounds like the best thing to do is source some F1s to replace the worn primacys on the front rather than mix'n'match. I'll get someone to order them in but want to take the car to a garage to get wheel alignment checked at the same time. I'm based near Guildford.

F1s on the rear are almost brand new.

Nice one thanks all now sorted. Interesting comment about the  Vredesteins - I'll have a look when I next come round to replacing all four.

I had hoped there were some other GT86s around here but only seen a couple in the last few months or so. Exclusive :P

Thanks for the warm welcome all :D

As long as you keep the left with the right side of the car the same, I don't see a problem with having a mix between the front and rears, I was actually running Conti's on the front and Yoko's on the rear with no problems. This was because the rear Conti's wore really quickly and I wanted to try something different, the Yoko's seem to be lasting a lil while longer.

20 minutes ago, Foulsmell said:

Tried Black circles? Choose tyre, book a date where's best for you. Done.

They were cheapest for me last time, and fitted at a place just down the road.

Mate I work for oak tyres I'll try and get you a pice tomorrow if you let me no the size your after and speed rating etc it'll be a little cheaper than normal as I work there it's just being able to pick them up all the way from Liverpool or I can get them posted to you 

11 minutes ago, shaunharper13 said:

Mate I work for oak tyres I'll try and get you a pice tomorrow if you let me no the size your after and speed rating etc it'll be a little cheaper than normal as I work there it's just being able to pick them up all the way from Liverpool or I can get them posted to you 

Thanks for the offer Shaun but my local tyre company is already sourcing a pair for me - to be fitted tomorrow.

Yeahh no worries mate but have a look at davinti tyres, there budget tyres like so the cheap but they last ages good in the wet and have same ratings as the likes of conti, Goodyear, michy etc I have 4 on mine and think was the best thing I done most people on here love yoko but if you can get a budget for a 1/3 of the price which are just as good I couldn't care less what was written on the side