nerdstrike

Unexpected terms and conditions

So I'm coming up for renewal (£368 my current best. no extras, minimal excess), and I found the following in the policy docs:

8 6. Use on airfields We will not cover any injury, loss, damage or liability caused by using your car in any area where aircraft are normally found to be landing, taking off, moving or parked.

Apparently they've figured out the only places left for us to hoon about. Very disappointing! I know these airfield events are typically non-competitive and only have one car loose at a given time, but it annoys me all the same.

it's essentially the same as them not covering nurburgring due to more and more abandoned/no longer operational airfields being used for cheap motorsport

Well yes, but the Nordschleife is in a different league for risk than 20 blokes slithering around some cones. Same for track days, that's fine. Does that include parking at Duxford? I think they are overreaching a bit on this clause. At least it's clear.

Surely the only area you would normal expect a plane to be is an active airport (or in the sky...) so disused airfields don't come into it?

As Rob says though, unless it was on the road (or public car parks etc), I wouldn't expect to be covered under a normal policy.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Surely the only area you would normal expect a plane to be is an active airport (or in the sky...) so disused airfields don't come into it?

As Rob says though, unless it was on the road (or public car parks etc), I wouldn't expect to be covered under a normal policy.

I must of been away with the fairies when i wrote that. What I meant to say was that disused airfields according to the statement are fine.