nerdstrike

Who needs snow to slide?

Greetings everyone. I've had my Red 86 for just over a year now, and it's time to get more informed and invested in the car. My slithery new car (the newest I have ever owned) is the "sensible" option to keep my soul alive after a tawdry affair with an RX8 began to jeopardise my chances of getting to work. So here I am, looking to learn. A hearty greeting to you all!

Hi there, welcome to the club. There are a couple of people on here who have come from an RX8, almost got one myself before the 86 actually. But I don't regret my decision :)

Do you have any plans for it? Interested in any track days?

Welcome aboard. The RX8 is a good car, though I've never actually driven one on the road I used to race one when they were new. If you want to learn to slide there are many options. Keep an eye on the events calendar for trackdays and the like. 

Greetings TDU, gotta work on that post count! Thank you everyone else for your welcome.

Plans for the car:

• NA tweakage for the time being
  • Get some spare wheels for summer and play time
  • Keep it out of the hedges
  • Track it at least once
  • Get an all-over respray once the goddamn construction boom has stopped. I've already lost one windscreen!

It's my commuter and occasional family taxi, so I need to keep it fairly hospitable and well-behaved. I hope you 86-ers will be able to help me in keeping it in tip-top shape.

I use mine as a daily car, have done for nearly three years now, it's about to tick over 80K miles. I compete in the sprint series, take it on big euro trips and also use it for my work too. I've got some modifications to the suspension and stuff, but it's perfectly liveable and in terms of handling I've raised the bar over the stock car.