ceebee450

Toyota Retrofit DAB

I've been thinking about having the Toyota upgrade fitted since getting my car. My dealer has told me that they can fit the system but it will not be fully integrated with my Touch & Go Nav unit. Is this correct? If it is can anybody who has had this fitted please let me know what happens. Do you get the display and the programme selection is made via a separate unit or what.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

I was advised that it wasn't worth the cash. Spent £65 at Halfords instead.

Alternatively decent aftermarket dab head units aren't that expensive.

There's another thread in the ice sub forum about what I got. I just tuck it in the centre console box...

I cant find a pic of one at the moment but iirc it looks like an old ipod shuffle stuck to the dash.. And thats probably doing it favours saying that!

If it were me and you want to keep the stock stereo then personally id get something like THIS

Thanks for all of your replies.

There does not seem to be anybody who has actually had the module fitted though. I'm still not sure how well it integrates with the Touch & Go, if it does at all! Can anybody help?

The one Ian has fitted is nothing like the one I was quoted at the Gatwick Dealer !!

They were offering the same sort of thing that I can get from my local sound system Fitter !

It comes with an Remote Control and shows up on the T&G Screen,but you can't control via the screen and has to be all done via the Remote that can be stuck to the dashboard !!

Gatwick wanted over £330 fitted Inc VAT where as elsewhere I could get the same thing fitted for just under £100 !!!!

Will make a note of that Part Number and go back to them !

Sent from my Archos 53 Platinum using Tapatalk

My guy says his guys don't speak highly of it.

"...the unit tunes into one of the pre-set channels on the stereo and then you can pick up a DAB signal. I have attached an image of the said unit but in the picture it does show it fitted to an Aygo. You can see the unit fitted just above the gear stick"

Edited by daidaiiro
Remove image

I ended up buying a similar system called justDRIVE from justconnectme.co.uk. 

It sounds similar to the Toyota one but is £30 cheaper. They also install it at your home or place of work. They did a great job on mine with everything hidden away.

Yes, you need a separate remote but you can program in your favourites and mount the remote somewhere convenient using the supplied Velcro pads, so it's no big deal.