Bobbynog

Got totally baffled this afternoon

Hi all,

Out and about just north of Cambridge this afternoon and saw something wide, low and black.

Always thought my car recognition skills were pretty sharp but couldn't place this one as it approached from the opposite direction.

Luckily we were in a 30 zone so passed each other fairly slowly - surprised the hell out of me when I spotted blacked out Audi rings on the bonnet.

Certainly wasn't an R8 or anything like that - but don't know what it was.

Got home and Googled "Audi sports cars", "Audi supercars". "Audi hybrid sports cars", etc. etc.

But again couldn't find anything that came close.

The closest thing I could describe it to (sorry no pix) would be an i8 - but I've seen a couple of i8's up close and it certainly wasn't one.

Any one got any ideas?

BTW, I did toy with the idea that it might be a kit car - but it didn't have that kit car feel.

Sorry, I can't really.

The front end (which was what I had the best look at) was, well something along the lines of an old 740i or Aston Martin Lagonda - very low, very flat.

It was defo a two door - with quite a modern, super-car-y backend - almost Lambo like.

Unfortunately, didn't get a look at the plate which may have given a clue - at least to age.

We were on a pretty narrow B road which he filled from white line to kerb.

Honestly I haven't a clue - hunted around on Google images and can't find anything close.

One thing I should say - it wasn't a pretty car - very slabby - very purpose-ful - not pretty.