Sign in to follow this  
Gringosteve

Gyeon Wet coat

I think I'll give this is a go. Is the cheapest place to buy from their site? How many washes will you get out of the smallest bottle?

For the wet coat I did my car twice and my wife's CRV once.

For the car wash I reckon 7 washes using it neat

1 hour ago, daidaiiro said:

The small bottle here: cleanyourcar.co.uk.

Ta. Ordered it. Will test it on my son's Punto. :P

...then the BRZ, the A6 and Dodge Journey (if there is enough left). :(

It says this is OK to use on wheels. Are people using it on wheels, kind of concerned about whether it is no good for brakes.

Washed the car twice and applied. Doesn't look any better than the usual polish I use but I guess I won't know until it rains what the improvement is. Think I may have overdone it as used two thirds of a bottle.

Just washed my son's car with the remainder of the bottle. I don't know if it is because the car is black or because there was more sun about, but the result was not as good. Had a lot of marks on the car that required me to wipe over with a wet cloth and then wipe off. When I took the car out after, when I got back there were dried water marks which suggest it isn't working (also had watermarks on the BRZ after I took it out yesterday). Have to see how things look when it rains, but I'm not convinced by this and so far no better than the Mer polish.

2f5c33964cb7b3f692fec8e9ce592ff4.jpg

5cc528110ad30434a2167f3ec1752d7c.jpg

Just washed my son's car with the remainder of the bottle. I don't know if it is because the car is black or because there was more sun about, but the result was not as good. Had a lot of marks on the car that required me to wipe over with a wet cloth and then wipe off. When I took the car out after, when I got back there were dried water marks which suggest it isn't working (also had watermarks on the BRZ after I took it out yesterday). Have to see how things look when it rains, but I'm not convinced by this and so far no better than the Mer polish.

2f5c33964cb7b3f692fec8e9ce592ff4.jpg

5cc528110ad30434a2167f3ec1752d7c.jpg

Hate to be picky but it's not a polish.

I know that, but the fact I had watermarks when I took the car out suggests water is drying on the car instead of rolling off.

A believe a wax would be better on the black car and you're BRZ. One you know it will work and two you will get better depth of colour, gloss and flake pop.

Here is a quote from a detailing website that may solve your problems.

"GYEON Q2M WETCOAT comes pre-diluted to the correct strength for safe exterior use, and should be applied to completely clean, wet surfaces at the end of your usual wash process. For best results, spray GYEON Q2M WETCOAT onto small sections at a time (it’s safe for use on all exterior surfaces) as thinly and evenly as possible (as an approximate guide you should be able to treat an average-sized car using less than 100 ml of product) and then leave it to dwell for 1-2 minutes (less in direct sunlight) before rinsing it off thoroughly (the use of a pressure washer is recommended). Once all sections are treated rinse one final time (to ensure every last trace of residue is removed) and then towel the car dry, or else rinse it again with filtered water if you intend to leave it to dry naturally. If you find yourself using too much product try misting each panel just two to three times and then spread the product as thinly and evenly as possible using a fresh wash mitt (soak it with warm water first) before leaving it to dwell and then rinsing off."

I think it's an expectations mis-match. :D

For a pretty much zero effort, spray on, rinse off product it's superb. Never going to replace or be as good as a proper polish and wax but as a quick fix I think it's brilliant.

Next time though, I'll follow the advice above - hopefully get an even better finish.

15 hours ago, daidaiiro said:

I think it's an expectations mis-match. :D

Could be right. I was expecting this to be something that would prevent the car from getting dirty by not letting water dry on it. Taking both cars for a spin after washing and drying showed that water that flicked from various places (like the inside of mirrors), splashed along the doors and then dried. So I'm not really sure what this is supposed to do.

I would say this isn't really any less work than using Mer polish. With that you can just apply it to the cloth you use for drying the car (and I can get a lot more uses out of that than a small bottle of this stuff).

4 minutes ago, Willtl said:

Could be right. I was expecting this to be something that would prevent the car from getting dirty by not letting water dry on it. Taking both cars for a spin after washing and drying showed that water that flicked from various places (like the inside of mirrors), splashed along the doors and then dried. So I'm not really sure what this is supposed to do.

I would say this isn't really any less work than using Mer polish. With that you can just apply it to the cloth you use for drying the car (and I can get a lot more uses out of that than a small bottle of this stuff).

It's hydrophobic, watermarks will not bond to the car. It's not going to magically get rid of dirt though. It just means that when you do wash it, it comes off easier. With Mer it would arguably do the complete opposite and make them bond more. Also fairly sure Mer has some cut in it... It's not something i'd use weekly.

30 minutes ago, rob275 said:

It's hydrophobic, watermarks will not bond to the car. It's not going to magically get rid of dirt though. It just means that when you do wash it, it comes off easier. With Mer it would arguably do the complete opposite and make them bond more. Also fairly sure Mer has some cut in it... It's not something i'd use weekly.

Not a problem, I only wash the car about once a month at most :D. I guess next time I come to wash the car I'll really see if it has made things easier.

15 hours ago, daidaiiro said: I think it's an expectations mis-match.

You will get water marks on any product. To stop them you need to rinse the car with filtered water or towel dry it after using tap water.