ajokay

Evenin' all!

Hi everyone.

I'm Alex, and I thought I should find an owners club forum now that I own the kind of car that you join an owners club for!

Having been lucky enough to drive a GT86 around Silverstone's International circuit 2 and a half years ago, I made it my goal to own one. And a week ago that happened when I bought a 62 registered Pearl White specimen with the red interior pack. Completely besotted with her. Great to look at, immensely fun to drive!

vXH77PG.jpg

However, when covering the interior of the boot with velcro to help dampen the various rattles I've discovered and read about, I noticed this... thingy on the parcel shelf. No idea what it is, does anyone know? It has 2 switches, one labelled H/L and another with 3 unmarked notched. The cable runs along the boot lining and down behind the rear-left wheelarch panel, before being tie-wrapped in with all the caballing in the bottom left of the boot, inside the bumper.

xduc6tO.jpg

B9hHPKt.jpg

glTcZee.jpg

6zE0D8O.jpg

5sV7uKD.jpg

GPS tracker or lower insurance black box transmitter? Although you'd be mad as a box of frogs to want to fit the latter in our cars so a security tracker would be my best bet but not 100%, it is certainly after-market though!

I don't think it's reversing sensors, they're fitted at the docks or by the dealer, so looks familiar. One of my cars has them, but doesn't have the thingy on the shelf??

Edited by Nigelr32

Hi everyone and thanks for the welcome! My car has the Toyota Touch and Go multimedia system, so I'd assume any receivers of antennas for that would all be nicely integrated and hidden away rather than taped to the parcel shelf. Which is what it was, it's been stuck with a sticky-backed foam pad.

Might have to email the dealership tomorrow, see if they know.

I don't think it's reversing sensors, they're fitted at the docks or by the dealer, so looks familiar. One of my cars has them, but doesn't have the thingy on the shelf??

Just had it confirmed from the UK Toyota twitter account that is is the speaker for retro-fitted rear parking sensors. So there we have it, mystery solved!