Sign in to follow this  
bassett

new GT86 info

Hi so whilst picking up my GT86 today (more on that later on) thought I'd update you all on the new July 15 onwards car info I picked up. First a shock to me but the engine bay isn't colour painted it's mostly black, you have to specifically spec a spoiler if you want it - more on that later lol!, vader trim section on the alcantara seats has gone, the new colours of blue and red are definitely different colour codes blue is now k3x and was e8h. No other colours have changed, new aero and blanco 18 wheels that should be optional on gt86's, leather is now striped rather than quilted and according to the brochure primo doesn't come with boot lid trim anymore.

Any one else seen the non colour coded engine bays or have I got a special one?

If you have metallic paint then the under bonnet is a darker flat shade. My WRB BRZ is like that and I'm sure its the same on the "ginger" GT86.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Squadrons Rosso - I got some paint from toyota and even emailed customer service to check it was correct. I was supplied with toyota k3x lapis blue pearl metallic. Left me a bit confused and I haven't got a chip yet so not had a chance to test it.

If it hasn't already happened, paint codes and model iterations are exactly the sorts of things that should be FAQed/stickied. Not an issue now, but in five years, that information will be solid gold.

Yes I can vouch for the existence of at least one red Primo. Mind you mine was an older stock one as it still had the 17" alloys.

Was interested in whether they'd changed the shade. It's an ok colour but would be nicer if deeper. Ferrari did red the right way...