Gringosteve

Gringo's 86

These particular dash cams come under so many different brands it's unbelievable 

They will be knocked out in a Chinese factory and sold on to resellers who brand them up with logos etc. Should make customising the boot screen easy at least ;)

Fitted the dash cam this afternoon didn't take long and you get an array of fitting kit:

6cf17e8e196f1d02d7148199d4587b02.jpg

Wired it behind the rear view mirror so it is hidden:

0f38a00198e3b67c26f56f9de411e77d.jpg

Then tucked the wires up the top of the windscreen and down into the glovebox:

8eeab83953c68ee26d7d0f47effe01b5.jpg

af4e9f3064153ef3aeb908f05e76016d.jpg

d117297e1a956455392ca06ffa9d4ce3.jpg

And you cannot see it easily from the outside, I wanted it discreet:

ff9a8dc560ed5f4e11f69d635e811665.jpg

Just checked the video quality.. It's amazing, even at night (only tried a street lit busy road so far in the dark) and that's not even on the highest resolution.

I currently have it on 1080p at 30fps which is about 15mb/s.

There is a 1080 @ 45fps and an even higher resolution (think it's a bigger aspect ratio). And plenty of lower resolutions also. I have a single 64gb card in it at the moment but can take two 128gb cards. I will get about 7 hours of recording .

Will upload some videos soon so you can take a look ;)

It also does lane departure warning (don't use that), shock detection (which protects that video file from being overwritten), GPS logging and think you can also record when parked if you have a permanent live.. It only records then if it detects motion

Coming up to 200 miles on the brakes so probably bedded in. The initial bite is less than the OEM pads but in a good way, it allows for gradual and precise partial application of brakes for gently scrubbing speed. When wanting to stop quick these are superior to OEM, very powerful

I'm still a fan of the noise generator, sound is much better now the foam has been removed from it. Thinking of modifying it so it cuts through the footwell carpet and noise insulation for full volume :)

Any sign of squeal ?

No squeal so far, other than a very faint squeak when first installed and only once. Assuming it was a bedding in noise as it hasn't happened since.

Too early to give a verdict on dust vs OEM but my wheels do have dust on them after just under 200 miles (no surprises there).

I haven't felt much difference in terms of cold and warm performance. Maybe a tad better warm but barely noticeable.

Still no squeal ;)

They are slightly dustier than the OEM, had to use wheel cleaner for the first time since I owned the car yesterday.

Braking performance and my confidence in stopping power have both improved.

Quick snow foam shot from yesterday

2ef4c779a178d7210411fdbea9615284.jpg

Hayward & Scott decatted front pipe fitted:

afb2f81768a7bce9dbb6303742aaf4ca.jpg

5f73c78c4e2370db9a2a63c29ea62151.jpg

I was looking for a performance improvement without drone so the rest of the system is standard. It has hit my requirements, other than cold start the exhaust sounds close to stock, maybe slightly more volume and more interesting tone.

The car feels much more responsive and free revving, and the torque dip feels narrower (starts at higher revs now)

For £120 well worth the spend and very easy to fit!