Bex

At a Showroom

So I dropped my boyfriend off at the mot station to collect his car. . Happens to be at a mg / subaru showroom ...

So I have no idea what Is or isn't up with his car . Lol..as I been too busy staring at the brz's. Its just So nice... I want one. It would look so good airbrushed up. I will have to wait.... :-/

I did notice the interior wasnt how I remembered ?(test drove a gt86 a year or so ago) is there a difference between the gt86 and brz interiors - or am I just remembering them wrong..

I did think there was a difference thanks for that reply. :) . I think also the brz I was looking at in the showroom had cloth interior.. But the Toyota had leather for sure.. I think that gives different look to inside so it might have been that aswel..

I thought the gt looked ore enclosed and the brz seemed more roomy I can't work out why think that though. .

Maybe you're shrinking! . Or possibly the seat was set higher - it does go very low and you feel quite snug then. I'm surprised by how good all round visibility is though. Better than many bog standard family cars.

Oh yeah, those leather seats make a BIG difference, both in appearance and comfort.

The one thing about the BRZ interior that turned me off one is the position of the tacky alarm light. Who on earth thought of putting it right in front of your face!!

Oh yeah, those leather seats make a BIG difference, both in appearance and comfort.

The one thing about the BRZ interior that turned me off one is the position of the tacky alarm light. Who on earth thought of putting it right in front of your face!!

Where exactly is it? I didn't notice it during my test drive last week, but I'll look for it in the next.

Still pondering the seats. They are nice but I'm not sure £1,500 (on the BRZ) is good value or going to add a lot more comfort.

Where exactly is it? I didn't notice it during my test drive last week, but I'll look for it in the next.

Still pondering the seats. They are nice but I'm not sure £1,500 (on the BRZ) is good value or going to add a lot more comfort.

My thoughts were that £1500 would put a decent dent in a quality aftermarket retrim later if I fancied freshening the car up, and I could do it how I wanted it...

The leather or leather/alcantara is well worth it over the cloth. Not only that but you get heated seats too which I find essential for a lot of the year. 

The BRZ dash is the bit where it's not as nice as the GT. Also the terrible head unit doesn't help here. 

Not convinced about the seats. We have that kind of leather in the Audi and cloth in our Dodge. Really can't think of a time I've used heated seats apart from when we had them in our Fiat Brava, and that was just to test it worked! The dial colours look nicer on the GT86 and the Audio system looks better, but I've already seen a few I want to replace it with so that won't be a problem for me.

Not convinced about the seats. We have that kind of leather in the Audi and cloth in our Dodge. Really can't think of a time I've used heated seats apart from when we had them in our Fiat Brava, and that was just to test it worked! The dial colours look nicer on the GT86 and the Audio system looks better, but I've already seen a few I want to replace it with so that won't be a problem for me.

I've had them for the past 2.5 years. I rarely use them this time of year, but did put them on briefly on Wednesday morning. But in autumn through spring I use them a lot and in winter all the time. Wouldn't have a car without heated seats.

I wouldn't say they looked nicer, they look even more poverty spec than the current cloths which to me closely resembles suede anyways (but obviously not as nice but they're still pretty good for base cloth seats), that looks like some sort of tough fabric.

I like the red stitching - but it would have to be leather for my vote.

Has anyone got a shot of both the interiors to compare..

I wouldn't say they looked nicer, they look even more poverty spec than the current cloths which to me closely resembles suede anyways (but obviously not as nice but they're still pretty good for base cloth seats), that looks like some sort of tough fabric.

I don't know - quite like the two tone effect - and not that sure how well the Toyota ones will wear (although it's pleasant enough)

Not that I care - if it starts to look scruffy I'll have an excuse to retrim. Want tan leather in a red sportscar... :-)

Having thought about this some more I'm thinking I might go for the leather, if I can get the dealership to bring the cost down. I'll be in a position to actually go ahead with the order next time I visit them. If we can't come to a compromise I'll probably delay my order and see what I can get through Drive the deal with Toyota.

Having thought about this some more I'm thinking I might go for the leather, if I can get the dealership to bring the cost down. I'll be in a position to actually go ahead with the order next time I visit them. If we can't come to a compromise I'll probably delay my order and see what I can get through Drive the deal with Toyota.

I have to say the optional diamond quilted leather in Riceburners gt86 Aero was gorgeous. But it's still basically a quality aftermarket retrim rather than a factory job, so could be done later?

The alcantara half leather heated option. It's not leather!!! I treated mine earlier in the year with gtechniq leather protective spray and its worn badly, it's imitation. I would save your money and invest in some proper bucket seats

The alcantara half leather heated option. It's not leather!!! I treated mine earlier in the year with gtechniq leather protective spray and its worn badly, it's imitation. I would save your money and invest in some proper bucket seats

It wouldn't stop it from wearing, it would stop it from staining.