Foulsmell

Custom exhaust JP Macclesfield

Hi

I'm considering getting JP to make me a custom exhaust for the 86.

Firstly, does anyone have any good/bad experiences with them?

And secondly, what would be an ideal spec?

I'm staying NA and don't plan to do much past intake and remap.

Cheers

Why are you getting a custom one made if you've got no plans to go FI?

It'll be considerably more expensive than an aftermarket part. Well, saying that, depends what you're getting customised? If it's just 1 section then fine, if it's an entire system then you're nuts to go custom over something off the shelf

Why are you getting a custom one made if you've got no plans to go FI?

It'll be considerably more expensive than an aftermarket part. Well, saying that, depends what you're getting customised? If it's just 1 section then fine, if it's an entire system then you're nuts to go custom over something off the shelf

Reason being I can have it exactly how I want it and I've had a quote over the phone of around £750 for a system the same as the Milltek primary which is around £1050 if I'm not mistaken.

I had a full exhaust for my AE86 and a couple of back boxes for my 850, I told them what sound I wanted and they did exactly that. I did call them a few months back before getting the miltek, but the person I spoke to didn't seem to interested in making one and instead was pushing me to go to tuning developments (who they supply). I ended up with the Miltek because of this. 

I had a full exhaust for my AE86 and a couple of back boxes for my 850, I told them what sound I wanted and they did exactly that. I did call them a few months back before getting the miltek, but the person I spoke to didn't seem to interested in making one and instead was pushing me to go to tuning developments (who they supply). I ended up with the Miltek because of this.

Cheers mate. Sounds decent then apart from the service.

I saw TD exhaust and thought that they may supply them as they to with TDI n.

No experience of using the company but personally id choose an off the shelf exhaust thats been tested/prooved specifically for a type of car over any custom exhaust.

I'll have the R&D argument I feel the same.

If JP can copy the design of say the Milltek with the same diameter pipe I'd of thought the power gains would be identical for hopefully £300 less than an off the shelf Milltek.

Well bugger me, I don't know why but I was under the impression that Millteks were around the £750/800 mark...then again never really looked after I got the Cobra system.

Milltek non res cat back. £580 from amber performance on ebay. Item number 281424438631

Resonated £680 item number 271560968759

That's just the 2nd cat back mate not the full primary system.

I've used JP Exhausts before for full systems for my cars and also they made the manifolds for us when I was involved in K20A conversions for Elises and the like. They are excellent, I would say the best place you can go to. Highly recommended. 

They will be doing some work on my AE86 in the next few weeks. I wouldn't go anywhere else. 

I've only got a Milltek as it was part of the option package when I bought my car, otherwise I would have gone to JP. 

I'd go 2.5" with just the rear silencer, don't bother with the resonated bit. Obviously you can tell them how you want it to sound etc.