Kevb86

86 owner in Nottingham

Hi just thought I'd say hello, I'm new to this site, I've had my 86 since May, loving every minute of it, only bad point so far is the squeaky brakes. Should probably take it back to Toyota. Does anyone else have this problem a lot?

Cheers

Kev.

post-1510-0-95116300-1436300476_thumb.jp

Welcome! I'm fairly new too and I've had mine for the same period of time! no Idea if its a problem my brakes squeak too from time to time lol

Welcome! :)

Squeaky brakes is due to the pad material. You can try having Toyota sort it. I found I just got used to it. Affects all cars it seems. I'm using different pads now and no squeak at all, though not convinced they're as good as the stock pads really. 

Welcome to the club

Regarding the brake squeal there is a TSB out for which Toyota will replace under warranty with a different set, but this has a different coefficient of friction so brake performance is reduced... Not enough that it would be an issue on the road, depends if you want to do any track work ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :-). As far as Mods go Keethos, firstly I want a new exhaust, then probably down the route of performance packs the Cosworth one sounds good, but that'll be next year. I've done a few track days before in my old cars and did a free one in a 86 at Oulton park which was fun, so will again leave that this year, I'll be going to JAE in Sept but I'll just be camping with a couple of my mates we've been going for the last 3/4 years, but I'll come and say hello to you all when I'm there :-). Would be quite good to maybe get a monthly meet in the Midlands going, if anyone else is interested.

Hi, I'm from Grantham so only just down the road and I have seen a red one a few times in Notts and on the A1 recently. Next time I see it I will give it a flash and see if its you  :)

Welcome to the club, as other have said, the brakes squeak due to the material. But you can ask for them to be changed, personally I don't see it as a major issue and my new ones subsequently squeak more :D

Hope to see you at JAE, if not before.

Yeah Mark would be good, even if it wasn't every month. Be good to see what other mods people have done, maybe a small drive somewhere. You going to Curborough Sprint day, (on the events page)

Kev, I get back from holiday the day before Curborough so it's a bit of a maybe, but we could always meet up around the Derby area and have a drive round the peak district (some lovely drives around there), I'm free most Sundays and am sure one or two others might join us.

Kev, I get back from holiday the day before Curborough so it's a bit of a maybe, but we could always meet up around the Derby area and have a drive round the peak district (some lovely drives around there), I'm free most Sundays and am sure one or two others might join us.

I would definitely join you! As long as it was on a Sunday though as I work Saturdays :(